Slingshots Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
292 Posts
I started shooting SlingShots on this past Christmas so I am new to this, My First SlingShot was a D&Q high velocity from Amazon. A week later I ordered a Scout XT and an Axiom Ocularis, because I couldn't decide which one to get. Since then I have also made a couple Natties

My palm width is the same as yours 3.5" and the Scout XT has become by far my favorite SlingShot and the one I seem to shoot the best.

I definitely would recommend the Scout XT for a first SlingShot. But I imagine if you are like me you will eventually want to try other designs also.

There are many great instructional videos on YouTube, and also this forum will be a great help in learning to be accurate enough to take small game.

Attachments

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I started shooting SlingShots on this past Christmas so I am new to this, My First SlingShot was a D&Q high velocity from Amazon. A week later I ordered a Scout XT and an Axiom Ocularis, because I couldn't decide which one to get. Since then I have also made a couple Natties

My palm width is the same as yours 3.5" and the Scout XT has become by far my favorite SlingShot and the one I seem to shoot the best.

I definitely would recommend the Scout XT for a first SlingShot. But I imagine if you are like me you will eventually want to try other designs also.

There are many great instructional videos on YouTube, and also this forum will be a great help in learning to be accurate enough to take small game.
Your Scout XT looks fab JHM! What size shot is good to use with it for learning and how many bearings did you buy?

·
Registered
292 Posts

Your Scout XT looks fab JHM! What size shot is good to use with it for learning and how many bearings did you buy?
I use 3/8" steel and bought 1000 on Amazon for $19.95. I have been using the same 150 or so since the beginning of the year so 1000 should last a long time.

My Scout XT is set up with .075 Precise bands cut 3/4 to 5/8 taper and 7.5" active band length for my 33" draw length which is giving me an average of 233FPS with the 3/8" steel.

You will want to have some kind of catch box for your ammo the pictures show how I made mine. I am shooting in my basement for now, but Spring will be here soon and I will be able to move outside.

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
6,192 Posts
I must admit that both the Axiom Occ and the Scout LT are high on my wishlist. If it weren't for the high postage costs I would have snuck purchased these a while back. Also keen for the X-clips for my Torque...

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·

I use 3/8" steel and bought 1000 on Amazon for $19.95. I have been using the same 150 or so since the beginning of the year so 1000 should last a long time.

My Scout XT is set up with .075 Precise bands cut 3/4 to 5/8 taper and 7.5" active band length for my 33" draw length which is giving me an average of 233FPS with the 3/8" steel.

You will want to have some kind of catch box for your ammo the pictures show how I made mine. I am shooting in my basement for now, but Spring will be here soon and I will be able to move outside.
Great! Thanks, that's everything I need to know... now where's my bank card?!

·
Registered
368 Posts
Buying my first slingshot, and I've narrowed it down to those three. My palm width is 3.5", and I wear a medium glove if it makes a difference. Any thoughts on which I should go for? I want to learn on it and then go rabbiting.
other than the obvious size difference, the biggest difference to me is the sight picture with the top fork. The LT is the only one that has a 90° top fork corner (XT top edges have a curve & more rounded point - I haven't tried the ocularis) ... so FWIW I like the LT

1 - 13 of 13 Posts