Slingshots Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
No other shooting sport compares.
6,434 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone out there made a natural (or even a board cut) witrh screw in eyelets to use chinese tubes? I am thinking of doing this.

·
aka. bunnybuster
1,580 Posts
Wow
Real nice looking forks.
The eye hook deal has been around for a while. A good installion is safe indeed.
But..I seen a guy who made one,,and one of the hooks came out at full draw...and just missed his eye.
I think making it an OTT shooter would work much better than the hooks. Easier on the bands and they would last longer.
IMHO

·
Tex-shooter
4,461 Posts
What happens if one comes out because of a flaw or fatigue in the wood! -- Tex

·
Member, Brotherhood of Slingshot Nutz
11,147 Posts
Tex, that would be disasterous, but I think it's a very remote possibility, unless you keep the slingshot for quite a few years. Especially if you are only shooting easy-draw chinese tubes. Course, that's my own opinion and I'm comfortable with the risk involved.

RM, I drill a hole smaller than the screws and fill with super glue, then screw them in.

Would never use this method for anything too strong.

·
Premium Member
2,167 Posts
If you put the eyes so they are looking side wards the bands or tubes sit in the middle of the eye not pulling on the top, i use a glue that you mix the type that you use a hardner, and only drill the tinyest of holes, i do put thera band gold and black on them, the idea of the eyes is so you can put any type of elastic on, my old slingshot i had for over 10 years and it never pulled a eye out, and i put all sorts of elastic on , from the 6mm square stuff to harpoon elastic on it, jeff

·
Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?
1,414 Posts
It suits some, but personally I would be scared to - I value my eyes greatly!

·
Premium Member
2,167 Posts
If you put them in propley they are very safe, l i use very long threds iif im using thera bands and 8 strands tubes, like i said before my old one was over 10 year old and would have lasted a other 10 year if not pinched out my car, jeff

·
Member, Brotherhood of Slingshot Nutz
11,147 Posts
Sam, I value my eyes too. I worked in the construction trades for 32 years. Trust me, guys in the trades take greater chances of getting hit in the eyes and all sorts of other possible disasters every day. One gets to learn how much of a chance he's taking. If I were as scared and careful as you and Tex want to be, I'd stay away from slingshots altogether.

·
1,414 Posts
Sam, I value my eyes too. I worked in the construction trades for 32 years. Trust me, guys in the trades take greater chances of getting hit in the eyes and all sorts of other possible disasters every day. One gets to learn how much of a chance he's taking. If I were as scared and careful as you and Tex want to be, I'd stay away from slingshots altogether.
[/quote]
Says the guy that butchered his right hand...

·
1,414 Posts
I'm tough. Pain is my biatch!

You talkin' to me? You talkin' to me? You talkin' to me? Then who the h*ll else are you talkin' to? You talkin' to me? Well I'm the only one here. Who the f*ck do you think you're talking to?

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.