Slingshots Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok. Here is my second attempt...Probably a better shooting design.

I learned a lot from looking around the site and was excited to knock out another one.
Its made from 3/4" birch plywood. 40 minutes to shape. I put a little color on it so you can hopefully see the contours for the grip.
Please further my education with your comments.

I have a few more pictures but my upload is having a problem...I'll try to load more later.
Black1.jpg

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
10,991 Posts
Certainly this design is not for the same sort of hold as the other ... that is, this design is NOT for hammer grip. Personally, I am not fond of hammer grip, as my hands are not that strong due to arthritis. I think you will find this one much more comfortable. You have nice low forks, which will mean less wrist tension. I also like the way you have flared the part on the thumb side ... you get to use the whole length of your thumb down to the palm to brace the slingshot, as opposed to bracing with just the tip of your thumb. I know lots of folks like pretty sling shots. But for me, functionality is all-important. I am not saying that this one is bad looking ... far from it. But this one looks like it will be very comfortable to shoot. I like it a lot.

Cheers ... Charles

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks Charles!

After seeing all the beautiful slingshots on this site it's hard to come up with an original shape. I just thought about the advice given last time and tried to fit that style grip to my design. I would like to do nice original designs but I think we are somewhat limited.

I would like to make some copies of some I have seen here also, how does the community feel about that?

·
Member, Brotherhood of Slingshot Nutz
11,245 Posts
Until I saw it in your hand, I didn't understand... but now I do. This design looks very promising. I always like to see such original thinking.

·
Super Moderator
10,991 Posts
I would like to make some copies of some I have seen here also, how does the community feel about that?
My understanding is that as long as you are not selling them, but rather making them for your own personal use, there is no problem making copies of slingshots you see here. But maybe some of the high muckie-mucks could clarify the issue.

Cheers ........ Charles

1 - 12 of 12 Posts