Slingshots Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Hey guys,
I couldn't decide whether to do this one out of cherry or maple so I made two. The maple one has a very interesting grain to it. I like the cherry because of the finish you can get with some fine sanding. I designed the two a little different than my first board cut. I tried to keep the shape as natural as possible. The handle can be held in different positions for different shooting styles depending on which side the bands are installed. I have been shooting with the maple one it has become my favorite. I call it "Air Bender". Here are some pictures, one of maple and oneof cherry. -Woodtech
Footwear Hand Arm Leg Dress
Hand Wood Gesture Finger Thumb

Attachments

·
Philly
2,576 Posts
I like them both, the Maple has outstanding grain, nice that you have taken a common plank and sculpted it into a beautiful slingshot. Relly nice work.
Philly

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hey Philly, Thanks for the cmpliment I love wood with different grain. This piece of maple is very hard, it took a long time to finish it. Thanks again - Woodtech
I like them both, the Maple has outstanding grain, nice that you have taken a common plank and sculpted it into a beautiful slingshot. Relly nice work.
Philly

·
Registered
4,662 Posts
Couldn't appreciate them until I clicked on the photos. The first pic shows how incredible the graining is in making it beautiful. And the fine work, of course.

·
Here to help and learn
781 Posts
You definitely are a wood technician, those are real beauties.

Honestly with the maple frame, if you didn't tell me otherwise I could have sworn it was a natural. Its curves and shape a pristine. You can tell the cherry is boardcut but that certainly doesn't take away from its beauty....

Again, I have to say you have a good idea crafting these hybrids, I'm really glad you're with us and sharing your work.

Keep it up, I like your style!

Cheers - John

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.