Slingshots Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Brotherhood Of The Slingshot Nutz
2,153 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Yesterday I made a jig like danny showed us how to set up and today I wrapped some 5/16 rod around and around it and ended up with a new slingshot! It was much harder to do than I thought it would be, but I did pick up a few ideas about how to do it easier the next time. So...drum roll please...here it is!

Attachments

·
Registered
2,100 Posts
Very good! If you would have posted it as a model you just purchased from Dankung, I would have believed you 100%. How does it shoot?

Jörg

·
2,153 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I haven't shot it yet, I didn't get it finished until after dark. I'll get outside Sunday and try it out.

·
Super Moderator
6,538 Posts
AWESOME WORK Smitty!!! Now you are a "wire bender" too. Glasshopper much impressed by de Smit man!!!!!
Flatband

·
2,153 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Thanks for the compliments fellers...Glasshoppa happy to share rare success with teechas from forums!
I built the jig from a large piece of 1/4 inch thick angle iron so I could clamp it in a vice to bend the rod. I drilled holes for bolt heads for each Bend I had to make after a lot of measuring and laying out. Attached bolts just by slipping bolts into holes and tightening up a nut on the back side. Then used a propane torch with mapp gas to heat the rod as I worked my way roundy-roundy.
After finishing, I came away from the project with a lot more respect for the awesome skill that Dankung shows in their bent steel shooters.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts