Slingshots Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

· Registered
The Slingin’ Cock 🐔
467 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
My grandfather passed 24 years ago and gave me this knife as a gift a year or two before he died, which would have made me about 15 or 16 years old. I am about the be 41 and haven’t seen this knife since I was in my early 20s. A couple days ago I was going through items that have been packed in my shop for a while and unexpectedly found it. The bolsters and liners were tarnished but I cleaned everything up and sharpened the blades and it’s now ready to be with me every day. My grandparents were poor, when it came to money and money only, and this knife was the first and only thing my grandfather had ever bought himself and gave me because my grandmother would be the one to do the shopping and gift giving, but she passed a couple years prior. I remember his face when he handed it to me, his smile was so big because he knew how much I liked knives (the addiction started young), and he was able to buy this and give it to me. So finding this knife brought back so many great memories, so I know that every time I take it out of my pocket and use it, a memory or two of my grandfather will pop in my head, and the good thing is, with him I have no bad memories whatsoever. If you read this to the end, thank you, and if you’d like, please share any sentimental blades or items and the story behind it that you have,
I’d like to read about them. ~🐓

The knife is a USA made Remington R12 and to my knowledge, made in the 90s.

Helmet Knife Blade Metal Font
Tool Knife Wood Blade Artifact

Wood Gun accessory Metal Pattern Fashion accessory
Grille Automotive lighting Audio equipment Material property Automotive design

· Registered
The Slingin’ Cock 🐔
467 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thank you for sharing. It’s a very nice knife and reading your words brought a few memories of my grandfather into my mind too.
Thank you. Within the past year or so, I’ve been carrying my stockmans more often and appreciating the older slipjoint gentleman’s knives more. I didn’t have a trapper, well thought I didn’t anyway, and I couldn’t ask for a better one to have now. I’m happy it helped to bring back memories of your grandfather as well, with life being so busy we all tend to forget to take a lil time to reminisce on the good times from loved ones that’s no longer with us.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts