Slingshots Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
2,511 Posts
I have had it (0,7) about four weeks now but no chance to really shoot with it :(
Only couple shots.
Let me know how it goes Kalevala. I have been very curious of the stuff, and almost pulled the trigger on buying some this morning. I think I'll wait for your opinion on the stuff, you're the best tester
Now my mental pressure to try these bands is growing. Next week off from work, I try if weather is not bad :thumbsup:

·
Registered
2,511 Posts
In my video I was shooting with 15,5 cm active length and wanted some more speed.

Today I tried 14 cm active, elongation 529% and like it a lot.

First thing that comes to my mind is GZK White :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

·
Registered
667 Posts
In my video I was shooting with 15,5 cm active length and wanted some more speed.

Hey mate just wondering how long it lasts? Roughly... And what taper would you recommend for 3/8" steel and 1mm sheshou?

·
Registered
2,511 Posts

Hey mate just wondering how long it lasts? Roughly... And what taper would you recommend for 3/8" steel and 1mm sheshou?
I have tried so many bands during last two years and usually tried something else before band break, so I have no idea, how many shots is possible.

With 1 mm Sheshou (like with many other 1 mm thick bands) I would first try 15-10 taper and then add more width, if speed and feel is not good.

·
Registered
667 Posts

I have tried so many bands during last two years and usually tried something else before band break, so I have no idea, how many shots is possible.

With 1 mm Sheshou (like with many other 1 mm thick bands) I would first try 15-10 taper and then add more width, if speed and feel is not good.
Okay cheers. I was thinking about getting some .8 instead I talked to Wayne from CattyShack and he said 1mm for 9.5mm steel is too heavy.

·
Registered
2,511 Posts

Okay cheers. I was thinking about getting some .8 instead I talked to Wayne from CattyShack and he said 1mm for 9.5mm steel is too heavy.
YEAH, Wayne is right.

With 9,5 mm steel I use 0,7-0,75 thick bands and have no problems, when distance is up to 25 m.

·
Registered
667 Posts

YEAH, Wayne is right.

With 9,5 mm steel I use 0,7-0,75 thick bands and have no problems, when distance is up to 25 m.
Yeah I'd probably be shooting around 25-30m so I reckon I'll go with the .8 because I'll be shooting in cold temps too and many said the thicker band handles a little more.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts