Slingshots Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,973 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Here is one I just finished. A laminated oak sling that is 3 1/4 wide and 4 inches high it is 1/2 inch thick. I have 1 inch latex bands on it and I am shooting 1/2 steel. It shoots and handles the steel really nice but when I tried marbles it is so light that it wasn't pleasant to shoot. I have put 3/4 inch bands on and a small pouch for 3/8 steel. This makes for a realy pleasant little shooter. The finger strap is so the slingshot hangs on to me instead of me trying to hand on to the slingshot.

Attachments

·
Registered
4,662 Posts
Here is one I just finished. A laminated oak sling that is 3 1/4 wide and 4 inches high it is 1/2 inch thick. I have 1 inch latex bands on it and I am shooting 1/2 steel. It shoots and handles the steel really nice but when I tried marbles it is so light that it wasn't pleasant to shoot. I have put 3/4 inch bands on and a small pouch for 3/8 steel. This makes for a realy pleasant little shooter. The finger strap is so the slingshot hangs on to me instead of me trying to hand on to the slingshot.
Another beauty or should I say cutie. I like the leather strap idea. Having the distraction of the catty flipping out of the hand is no good.

Coincidently I was working on an catty with a design feature for the same purpose (and another) as the leather strap.

You have a catty design and process that is distinctly, "Wingshooter."

·
Brotherhood Of The Slingshot Nutz
2,144 Posts
Very strong looking slingshot. I like these new ones you are working on.

·
Resigned
1,142 Posts
Yes I concur, superior work and a style that is 100% original. I doubt very seriously you'll ever hear someone whining about you copying their work......I really like your own way of approaching the making of a killer catapult that is also just about the right size to go anywhere!

I know you've bagged some kills in the past......have you gotten anything lately? I like the way your older slingshots looked with your kills in the background.

You know, I don't buy slingshots very often but Im tempted to ask for one of yours. I love your work!

·
Premium Member
1,973 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Thanks Guys for the kind words. This little sling fits in my shirt pocket. I pulled it out to show my friend Don(a retired cop) and he said "Your going to need a conceled carry permit for that thing!"
I have not been shooting the flying rats. We cleaned them out of the nieborhood last year and there are few of them around. I am sure they will be back. With the generic shape of a slingshot it is pretty hard not to copy somebody some where. I hope some one with a supply of really pretty wood will do one of these laminated slingshots. I am sure that someone will come up with some real beautys.
Today I am going to take this little sling and the dog and we are going stumpin.

·
Here to help and learn
781 Posts
Again, I can try and express my respect and overall awe of this slingshot and your workmanship....but words will not suffice.

That is a superior effort once again, another harmonious blend of woods that make the frame special. I really like the smaller frames and this one looks near perfect, coupled with that great leather loop idea, it is sure to be a straight shooter. I would have never though of that idea, but it definitely makes sense, seems to lock you in better than a lanyard....

Another beautiful slingshot, I'm sure I will never be able to fully appreciate the process until I try it, but that won't be happening anytime sooon, so I'll let you do the work and I'll just drool at the pictures.

Take Care, and enjoy the day out with 2 of man's best friends.

- John

·
Registered
1,676 Posts
love your shooters, so unique!

·
Premium Member
1,973 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Be my guest and if you have any questions don't be afraid to ask I will help. I want to see people make slings this way. There are so many talented people in the slingshot world I am sure they will come up with some beautys. Good luck and we want pictures.

·
"Southern Flip Style"
2,638 Posts
Way Cool Bud!!!

·
Registered
461 Posts
All your slingshots I`ve seen are great!
But I like especially this little fork!!!
And the way you build your last slingshots is something really new for me - and outstanding in the slingshot-world!
I`m looking forward to your next creations!

Regards
Torsten

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.