Slingshots Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Member, Brotherhood of Slingshot Nutz
11,147 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Here is one of the projects I am currently working on. If Joe T is peeved, let him speak.
It is ludicrous to believe that with the tools pictured I could even try to do justice to anyone else's work.

Profile -- the board is cargo-pallet wood.

If this were a cooking forum, would joeT say, "Hey! I didn't give you permission to use my recipe." ???????

·
11,147 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Why u need knife for?
Brooklyn, It is to carve the wood after I cut it out with a coping saw, which I forgot to post. I bevel my work with a knife, then refine with files and sandpaper. Sometimes -- more often than not -- I change the design a little with my knife. My knife is my primary tool for woodwork.
Cheers, Bill (Dayhiker)

·
Premium Member
3,427 Posts
Ah, now I see where you're coming from. It'd have been courteous to have asked him but well whatever, it's well nice all the same. Kudos to Joe T as well; I voted for him. What does it. Look like.

·
Premium Member
3,427 Posts
Nice knife BTW. It's a Mora isn't it. I have a Mora 2000.

Did you use the knife to correct the saw cutting, smooth out marks or add detail? Sorry, I'm on the mobile again and I can't see clearly.

·
11,147 Posts
ZDP-189 said:
It'd have been courteous to have asked him
Don't worry, Dan. When and if I had posted the finished item, I certainly would have credited Joe for the design.

... I love to carve, I use the knives to bring the saw cuts into spec, then most of the time I start getting creative with the knife. But when I am trying to make something from my own sketches, I am very precise with my knife. (I hope
)

·
11,147 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I also make the grooves for band-ties with my knife, then finish with round file (pictured).

·
Registered
3,109 Posts
Darn Dayhiker you got nice kit I'm still using a sharp rock!! well thats after I give it to my dog to chew the bark off ,

·
Registered
349 Posts
nice work, dayhicker!!

apparently we use the same rudimentary tools. or as we say down here "nos vamos por las piedritas" (we´re taking the gravel road).
may be the slowest way to work a fork, but from my point of view, is the most fun and rewarding.

nice!!

·
11,147 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Yes, it's a lot of fun to use hand tools. And since it's so slow, you have plenty of time to change things during the process.
And thanks Joe. It's a great design.

·
Resigned
5,547 Posts
nice work, dayhicker!!

apparently we use the same rudimentary tools. or as we say down here "nos vamos por las piedritas" (we´re taking the gravel road).
may be the slowest way to work a fork, but from my point of view, is the most fun and rewarding.

nice!!
And your still scary to look at . I must look away .

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.