Slingshots Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

· Registered
1,867 Posts
I have no pictures or links as I'm not very good with computers, but I know of a blowgun site, with darts that have given me an idea ... basically, a small ball, with quite a large bradhead arrow-tip on it; the ball is placed in the pouch tip out and with almost no difference in the grip and release. If you find it loses it's path, might I suggest a small piece of string (like a kite tail) glued to the back. Just an idea, we are not allowed to shoot any type of dart or arrow I believe (here in the UK) so I don't want to encourage any law breaking. And protect that hand for certain. Good luck, I love to hunt!

· Registered
1,867 Posts
I think such a projectile would start to tumble very quickly, tail or not.
[/quote]

Do you think a 4 bladed tip might help? or perhaps a tail with a weight on the end, so the shot would have two balls essentially, one smaller than the other?

· Registered
1,867 Posts
Firing a short four bladed broadhead is not unlike trying to throw a dart backwards.

I remember as a kid reading about an ancient Japanese weapon called a Shuriken (nb/ not a star) a rod with two sharp points. This was thrown overhand end over end. It's relevant here because it took great skill to master. You need three or more points. Any projectile with more than one orientation or point may fall foul of laws banning 'throwing stars' in most jurisdictions.

No, the only passive ways to stabilise a flying point are to place the centre of drag behind the centre of mass behind the impact point (weathervane) and/or to spin stabilise.
[/quote]

Thanks, I thought it might be the case, I know Shuriken well and they are difficult.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.