Slingshots Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
11,340 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I struggled with shooting slingshots for the first few years due to trying to come up with a consistent shooting form. I finally found a different shooting style watching Bill Hays video. I’m not saying Bill came up with this style, because I’ve heard of others shooting this way. I ended up shooting with the pouch between my index and my middle finger???????????? I would have liked to been able to shoot with thumb and index finger, but I’ve accepted the fact to stick with what works. I decided to post this subject again after watch the gentleman from Australia win PBA tournament this past weekend. He throws the ball two handed. This is quite unorthodox, but he has been bowling this way since he was 2 years old. Whatever works????

·
Registered
4,147 Posts
I've sen that guy bowl and while I want to yell at him, he bowls a 295! LOL

My Grandfather taught me to play a Jew's Harp when I was very small, he was missing half his index finger on his right hand. Every time I pick one up, I curl my index finger in, that's how I learned. :D

Reactions: Tag

·
Premium Member
4,031 Posts
The first I heard of someone shooting with the pouch between the first and second finger was Jim Harris... he had something wrong with his thumb and had to change his style to accommodate that.... Other stuff I did come up with as a bridge from my firearms and archery experience, but not this, it's all Jim!

·
Premium Member
11,340 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I’m glad Jim came up with this shooting style I have found in the shooting sport of slingshots, do what works for you. I’ve been very fortunate to have amazing people help me get started in slingshots.

·
Registered
815 Posts
I shoot that way and it works well for me. I had to cause my thumb has hardly any feeling in it so it was a hair trigger and I hit a lot of things I wasn't aiming at.Now I'm hitting what I aim at fifty percent of the time.

·
Mojave Mo
5,155 Posts
My Pops worked with a guy back in the 70's who cut the middle three fingers off of his hand with a table saw. A year later he did the exact same thing on his other hand. He couldn't hold a slingshot nor a pouch. My Pops always made me shake his claw whenever he came over to the house. We didn't make fun of him because his job in Vietnam was to kick down any door he was told and 12guage everything inside. He wasn't any good at carpentry however.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

1 - 6 of 6 Posts