Slingshots Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Banned
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a deck umbrella covered my shooting area, and my target area (i dont use a catch box, just a couple pieces of canvas dropping into to containers) i covered with my harbor frieght special free tarp, as like a tent to cover it. So my shooting area is covered, and my "catch box" is covered. Does anyone else shoot in the rain, or is just not worth the trouble. Ill stay dry, my catch box will stay dryish, and its my only freaking day off!

·
Registered
625 Posts
Light rain sure Ill go out. Like to hunt in a light rain when everything is wet and quiet. But not when its a steady heavy downpour like all day today. Then I hide in my basement and make stuff, drink coffee and bourbon and cook something good in my crock pot.

·
Premium Member
3,895 Posts
I stand I my garage and shoot out the back door. My catch box is made from galvanized steel so it weather proof. Have a cover on top so the inside doesn't get wet unless the rain is blowing in sideways. Have a ceiling fan above where I stand. So I can shoot in summer or winter. My catch box is lighted with LED flood lights that I can dim. So night shooting is no problem.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

·
Premium Member
3,288 Posts
BuckskinDave... your habits are my habits...IF I had a basement! Hahaha...

I will show y'all my indoor range some day. It is only open when everyone else is gone. I shoot down the hall to my bedroom. I keep a little bit of spackle and paint handy. The trick is not to miss... or dirty the paint a little after the spackle dries.

MacGuyver minutes- in a pinch a cotton ball and white out will keep most spouses from noticing the holes in the wall long enough to do a real patch later.

·
Registered
625 Posts
MacGuyver minutes- in a pinch a cotton ball and white out will keep most spouses from noticing the holes in the wall long enough to do a real patch later.
LOL Classic.

Reactions: Tag

·
Mojave Mo
5,160 Posts
Rain. Wow. Just saying it.....sigh. 3" a year or so rain a year in these parts, and it happens an 1" at a time over 3 weeks? I don't remember or look anymore. I do know that I am plus2 weeks away from being able to shoot outside after 6 am until late June of '19. And this season I vow to keep my shooting ranges legal. Amen. MM

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

·
Mojave Mo
5,160 Posts
BuckskinDave... your habits are my habits...IF I had a basement! Hahaha...

I will show y'all my indoor range some day. It is only open when everyone else is gone. I shoot down the hall to my bedroom. I keep a little bit of spackle and paint handy. The trick is not to miss... or dirty the paint a little after the spackle dries.

As a side note if the spouse does notice then you have to paint the hallway and the bathroom too..... just because!

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2,424 Posts
I stand I my garage and shoot out the back door. My catch box is made from galvanized steel so it weather proof. Have a cover on top so the inside doesn't get wet unless the rain is blowing in sideways. Have a ceiling fan above where I stand. So I can shoot in summer or winter. My catch box is lighted with LED flood lights that I can dim. So night shooting is no problem.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
When shooting at night, with the led lights on, do you manage to see where the shots land as when during the day?
Oh, could you also link those lights please and where you mount them?

1 - 11 of 11 Posts