Slingshots Forum banner
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
139 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
anyone shoot marbles what setup /bands do you use thickness of pouch leather i bow to your expertise
polecat

·
Rule #14
1,519 Posts
I resently started shooting marbles because it was easily and readily available.
They are a bit tad large for target shooting, but really fun for plinking.
I currently use 3/4" TBG strips with 18mm X 80mm pouch.
Fun set-up for plinking.

·
Registered
288 Posts
i use marbles for all sorts of catty hunting i find them good for closer shooting but anything over 30 yards starts to weave a bout i use double thera band [flats]

·
Premium Member
2,377 Posts
Marbles we love! My Son and I go out regularly and that is what we shoot, that and home brewed lead slugs. We use either 107's and Irfan's target
pouches or I'll cut up some like Danny's 3/4 inch Thera Gold, no taper and head out for some fun!
Also, I use Flatbands thin latex
bands with a variety of his pouches and they are super marble shootin' combo's.

·
Registered
3,147 Posts
107's, straight cut gum rubber and latex from Flatband, 2040,1842 &1745 from Dankung pouches are just what ever leather I have on hand, cut quick and dirty nothing fancy or finished.

·
Premium Member
2,377 Posts
that and home brewed lead slugs.
What size wadcutter lead slugs are you using?
[/quote]

Let me describe them to you from a non-gunner/reloader perspective.
Made my own mold from hardwood, and drilled a 3/8 inch hole at
1/2 inch depth. Makes for a nice cylinder shaped slug, you might be able to see some of them in my avatar.

·
Philly
2,595 Posts
Don't care for them, only two fork hits I ever had (not including the PFS learning curve) were with Marbles 5/8". Thousands of shots with steel and lead to .50 cal and never a fork hit. Maybe the 1/2' might be OK but 5/8" was all I could find locally.
Philly

·
Registered
215 Posts
i use marbles for all sorts of catty hunting i find them good for closer shooting but anything over 30 yards starts to weave a bout i use double thera band [flats]
i am like you gafer, but recently lost me marbles?
[/quote]

I only have two "agates" left. Sorry, couldn't help myself.

·
See The Target
21,642 Posts
Marble have been good for me on long shots because I can see their flight better. A little shot correction and score.

·
Registered
1,802 Posts
I shoot a lot of marbles cause they are cheap, we have a place called the Christmas tree shop where I can get marbles for a dollar for a hundred. I get a lot of flyers with marbles, much more than with my favorite, lead round balls. Chris

·
Registered
184 Posts
I like to shoot marbles 7 months out of the year at anything but when getting close to the big ECST steel is all I shoot. white marbles are the best and I get them at1 buck a pound.marbles weigh about the same as 3/8 steel but die off at fourty yards. Peace and love mike

·
SSF Founder
5,225 Posts
I like shooting with marbles, but I seem to get WAY worse handslaps with them. That is what lead me to my conclusion that ammo weight it the biggest contributor to hand slaps.

·
Banned
913 Posts
I like shooting with marbles, but I seem to get WAY worse handslaps with them. That is what lead me to my conclusion that ammo weight it the biggest contributor to hand slaps.
You have to turn the power waaaay down with marbles or handslaps and fliers will ensue. They weigh almost the same as .32 lead, so I use bands made for that with a larger pouch.

·
Registered
502 Posts
Marbles suck imho, they are big, not dense and expensive. Better off buying good ammo from, Nathan. Its cheaper and you get way more rounds. $2 at Walmart for 50 marbles or $3.50 for almost 3 x the ammo and its reusable. Marbles only when nothing else is available.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts