Slingshots Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
So Many Marbles ------------- So Little Time ;-)
4,273 Posts
I purchased a new Crosman 760 Classic from Walmart, a very nice looking little gun. It is very, very sleek, very clean looking and in my opinion they made some great improvements over the last generation of the 760. (although the last generation was very slim also, it had a different designed BB loading mechanism and a pellet magazine).

What are the improvements ? ------ I really liked them getting rid of the little pellet magazine that was always to me a pain in the neck. They now load BB's in the bottom of the grip cap. You can load up to a 1000 BB''s so you can keep a large supply of ammo in the gun if you shoot a lot. Crosman also redesigned the loading port so it is very easy to load single pellets, any length into the breach very nice :) The redesigned BB switch is also more secure and won't open up to let BB's out - )

I would not keep a scope on this gun as I like very much the super clean sleek lines/light weight and feel without a scope. The redesigned touches IMHO improve the look and ease of operation of this gun I do believe.

I have a Crosman 760 Pumpmaster from about 3 years ago it has a plastic pellet magazine, loads BB's from the top and holds about 200 shots. To me it's not anywhere as nice as my new Crosman 760 Classic. I don't know if there still making the regular 760 Pumpmaster with the plastic magazine but I do know the classic version does not have it and I'm very glad it does not, for me the Classic is a much nicer gun.

I went out and shot some BB's today, I pumped her up 5 times for playing around and she is shooting between a chronographed 465 - 475fps using Daisy Premium BB's at about 50 degs F, fine for plinking cans and HOSP should they land :) I sighted her in at 15 yards and that is where I'll leave the sights. Here is a bottom of a steel soup can shot at a measured 15 yards, the BB went right through and the can looked like it didn't move !!!

BB%20Through%20Soup%20Can%20Bottom%20sm.

I have quite a few Daisy 880's and I use that gun for shooting pellets only, that is another very nice, accurate inexpensive commercial pellet gun, although it is not anywhere near as sleek as the 760. The Daisy mod # 35 is also another very good BB only gun from all reports I have read.

Below is a pic of my older 2017 Crosman 760 Pumpmaster and below that is my New Crosman 760 Pumpmaster Classic. Both guns were purchased at Walmart.

Old%20and%20New%20760qus%20sm.png

Walmart is selling the Crosman Pumpmaster Classic for $31.97 ---- a very good deal on a nice little gun.

I will be taking her out tomorrow to do some more playing around ..... After I go to Walmart in the early am and pick up some more BB's ;- )

wll

·
4,273 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Went out this morning and shot a bit. Shot at 20 yards and put this hole in a small paint can with 5 pumps and a Daisy BB. Next pic is at about 22 yards at an emblem taped to a piece of plywood after the building it is taped to had a fire. --- You can't tell, but that BB penetrated DEEP into that plywood, about the thickness of that BB, and that was very hard plywood !!.

Paint%20Can%2020yds%20with%20760%205%20p

Smack%20at%20logo%20sm.png

These inexpensive BB guns are no joke !!

wll

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

@treefork !

I bet that is a great gun, they sure don't make them with that kind of quality anymore ;- (

wll

·
4,273 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Was out and about today with the 760 and shot at some cans and stuff .... If I hold real well I think I'm in a 3-3.5" zone at around the 20+ yard area. After shooting this early am I went to another area and from 30 long paces was smacking a spray can very consistently putting pretty deep dents in it and put a couple of holes in it too ---------. I then shot a glass jelly jar at the same distance and put a hole in it and recovered the Daisy BB --- pic below. ;- ) ----- all my shooting is done with 5 pumps.

Jar%2032%20Yds%20BB_%20760%205%20Pumps%2

I got home oiled up the 760's moving parts put a drop of Mac's Secret Sauce in the pump area, and I'm set to go tomorrow.

I was also at Walmart when they opened this am and bought some more Daisy Co2 cartridges in the 25 pack for $11.74. Wanted Crosman but they are out, was told to come back early Sunday or Monday when a shipment of Crosman Co2's is due. ;- ) --------- I use these in my Crosman C-11 and Umarex Glock 19 (a truly great BB pistol). The Daisy price at .51ea is the most I want to pay, the Crosman's in the 40 box are the best deal, followed by the Crosman in the 15ea box.

Co2's are starting to get very scarce where I live in Kalifornia and Walmart has cut out pistol airgun sales because of the trash that are shooting up windows, pets and everything else !

wll2506

·
Registered
216 Posts
760s are a lot of fun! Yup, I went to my local Walmart the other day and learned they don't have any more airgun pistols. They also had no co2 at all, and one tin of pellets...

If you want to tinker with a 760 for a little more pellet accuracy there's a common mod where people order an m4 pumper barrel from crosman customer service which is rifled unlike the 760 barrel, and is supposedly pretty much a straight drop in replacement. I've been meaning to but haven't yet tried it myself, so can't guarantee the ease.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.