Slingshots Forum banner
  • Enter Our Dog Days of Summer BBQ Giveaway Now!  ENDING SOON

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Member, Brotherhood of Slingshot Nutz
11,147 Posts
Finally got a chance to spend some time with my new "Dayhiker" pocket shooter from Tom. First thing I noticed is that this slingshot is a bit larger than it looks in the pics. It fits my hand and style of shooting just right. It is more comfortable than my Boston Blacky. Also, even though it can be classified as a pocket shooter, it is still a strong and sturdy slingshot, like all of Tom's frames. It will make a fine hunter -- if I ever get the chance to go, darn it.

Here's a picture of it in my hand, along with the damage done by Darrell's pickle fork. Trying to learn how to butterfly with it, I hit my hand in the same spot three times in two days! (low I.Q.)

Here it is again. Doesn't it fit my hand nicely?

After practicing with a soda can, and hitting about 40% of my shots, I shot my customary 10 rounds at ten yards at a target this morning.

Haven't shot gum rubber since April, so it's taking a little getting used to. It's going to be good stuff for long practice sessions. I think this is going to be one of my best shooters. And it's a real handsome slingshot. The ash wood really makes me happy, it's my favorite.

I think the "Dayhiker" would appeal to many of youse guys. PM me if you want to buy one.

·
"Southern Flip Style"
2,638 Posts
Can you say OUCH!!!! Three times????
That is a nice looking catty!!! All the best friend!

·
Registered
410 Posts
very cool DH.. i am eagerly awaiting the arrival of my "dayhiker" from Tom... they look like great shooters... i'm sure they're nice and comfortable while shooting too..

bummer about your hand, that definitely looks like it hurt...
i recently scored a "pickle fork" from Darrell, i love it... they are amazing shooters for their size... i have gotten deadly accurate with it already.. though i only tried it butterfly one time...

·
11,147 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
very cool DH.. i am eagerly awaiting the arrival of my "dayhiker" from Tom... they look like great shooters... i'm sure they're nice and comfortable while shooting too..

bummer about your hand, that definitely looks like it hurt...
i recently scored a "pickle fork" from Darrell, i love it... they are amazing shooters for their size... i have gotten deadly accurate with it already.. though i only tried it butterfly one time...
Three words: Get A Glove!!

·
Premium Member
784 Posts
Here's a picture of it in my hand, along with the damage done by Darrell's pickle fork. Trying to learn how to butterfly with it, I hit my hand in the same spot three times in two days! (low I.Q.)
Wait a sec ... you mean someone told you to go 'fork' yourself, and you actually complied ?

Couldn't resist.

·
Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?
1,414 Posts
Three times! I've shot my PFS hundreds of times with the butterfly and I haven't hit my hand once!
All jokes aside I hope it heals quickly it looks very painful...

·
11,147 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Three times! I've shot my PFS hundreds of times with the butterfly and I haven't hit my hand once!
Sam, that's all well and good, but wait till you put the butterfly down and try it with your hands!

·
1,414 Posts
Sam, that's all well and good, but wait till you put the butterfly down and try it with your hands!

[/quote]
LOL!

·
Resigned
5,547 Posts
I know thats gotta hurt. Sorry about the affliction from the PF. If I thought this would be a common occurence I would not send one out to any one ever. I have shot PF's a few thousand times most of which are Butterfly Shots this has not occured once for me I find them exceedingly right on target. I would suggest tossing it. Again, sorry for your injury.

·
11,147 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I know thats gotta hurt. Sorry about the affliction from the PF. If I thought this would be a common occurence I would not send one out to any one ever. I have shot PF's a few thousand times most of which are Butterfly Shots this has not occured once for me I find them exceedingly right on target. I would suggest tossing it. Again, sorry for your injury.
Hey, when you took the PF in hand, you were taking the same chance. Same goes for Sam who laughed at me -- but actually took the same chance himself. You guys can shoot better than me, that's all. No fault with the PF at all. I'm gonna do it some more, too because I'm convinced that butterfly shooting is more beautiful with light bands, light slingshot but awesome power. It's appeal to me is the same as that of fishing for striped bass with ultra-light, fresh-water tackle, which my fishing partner can do -- but I can't do that either.

And Darrell, it's not an injury -- I used to constantly do stuff like that to my hands in the construction industry. It is just a boo-boo. You have nothing whatsoever to be sorry for. I would think that anybody who picks up a fork this small knows that he might hit his hand. In fact I showed the PFs to some of my students -- most of whom are smarter than me -- and they wouldn't even think of shooting one for fear of hitting their hands. Even they know I'm an idiot. It ain't the slingshot's fault, It's mine. And I think it's even worth taking a few more hits if necessary to make this combo work for me. I like it. And that's enough for me.

It distresses me to think you feel sorry, man. But I ain't tossing nothing.

·
Resigned
5,547 Posts
Ok, keep trukin till you get it. I think if your not then you might add a quarter turn to the pouch then it will tend to glide over the hand instead of punishing it..
Thanks for the reply.
Dgui

·
Premium Member
784 Posts
Not to rub salt in the wound but ... I dont think I've ever shot my hand. Then again, I havent done much butterfly yet.

·
11,147 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Well, this subject came up over at Fish's forum and just about everybody there -- and most of 'em hunt with their cattys all the time -- had experienced hand shots. Even the great Fish himself said he hits his thumb once in a while, considers it part of the game.

·
1,414 Posts
Well, this subject came up over at Fish's forum and just about everybody there -- and most of 'em hunt with their cattys all the time -- had experienced hand shots. Even the great Fish himself said he hits his thumb once in a while, considers it part of the game.
With 0.44" Lead + Hunter Bands? OUCH!

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.