Slingshots Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
So Many Marbles ------------- So Little Time ;-)
4,207 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'll be shooting two of my F-16's this weekend, unless I decide to take off early this Thursday from work. The one F-16 has looped #303 Kent tubing, the other has a single tube of Green Dub Dub. I will be shooting only 5/8" marbles from these. I will be shooting using the same form I have been practicing shooting with my Cheapo's and 5/16 steel just to get a feel of the difference.

I will be getting in practice using the Cheapo's using 5/16 steel also, figuring out what is best for me. This has been a pretty long process for me, tying to be able to shoot more accurately instead of just being close most of the time.

Here is a pic of one of the F-16's I'll be using, as stated the other is just like it but using single tubed Green Dub Dub. The side facing you is the side that is facing the target when shooting --- with my F-16 set ups the fork always faces away adapted with a gypsy tie for tube attachment.

F1303%20sm.png

wll

·
Registered
573 Posts
I'll be shooting two of my F-16's this weekend, unless I decide to take off early this Thursday from work. The one F-16 has looped #303 Kent tubing, the other has a single tube of Green Dub Dub. I will be shooting only 5/8" marbles from these. I will be shooting using the same form I have been practicing shooting with my Cheapo's and 5/16 steel just to get a feel of the difference.

I will be getting in practice using the Cheapo's using 5/16 steel also, figuring out what is best for me. This has been a pretty long process for me, tying to be able to shoot more accurately instead of just being close most of the time.

Here is a pic of one of the F-16's I'll be using, as stated the other is just like it but using single tubed Green Dub Dub. The side facing you is the side that is facing the target when shooting --- with my F-16 set ups the fork always faces away adapted with a gypsy tie for tube attachment.

F1303%20sm.png

wll
Its that challenge of uncovering the subtle secrets of accurate shooting that keep me at it each day.

By the way . . . a catch box and paper targets are what really reveal a lot of my faults :hmm: . . . and also help me discover solutions :banana:

·
4,207 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Put one together for this weekend, top pic is the gypsy type small loop I use and bottom pic is with a rubber tube with a paracord center for strength inserted. The paracord can be or a neon green or orange so it can be used as a aiming device if you wish. The peg was left long but will be shortened before shooting.

Tie%20sm.png

Rubber%20Peg%20sm.png

wll

·
4,207 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Was out in the cold this am just let some marbles fly, and fly they did ;- )

I was testing ANOTHER tube attachment method (I'm always trying to simplify things). This is a pretty simple and very old way of attaching tubes to a wire fork tube commercial slingshot. I just did a few changes and it seems to work well. I looped the tube around the fork end so if the rubber bands should slip or break the tube will not be able to hit you in the face (I shoot all my F-16's with the fork facing away from me). I'm using a #32 rubber band and I used a wrap and tuck method to secure the sling in the below photo, but you can just do a square knot and be done with it, if you keep the tag long enough to make a square knot -; ) What is nice is NO TOOLS are needed ... just a rubber band or small thin rubber tubing piece about 6 inches long, I'm using #32 rubber bands but have some black 2mm rubber tubing coming ... If the 2mm tubing works well I will use that as it will look better than the cream rubber band color !

Here is the attachment I used today, it is almost a combo of a OTT and TTF as the attachment is very high on the frame. One of the things I really like is you are pulling the tubes parallel to the wire fork attachment and makes for a very clean look down the tubes for aiming.

F-16%20Attachment%20sm.png

wll

1 - 4 of 4 Posts