Slingshots Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Tex-shooter
4,461 Posts
Here are the"Shooting Star 9" dimensions. It is 19 inches overall length and 4 3/4 inches wide and high. It is made from 1/2 inch Hardwood. If you have big hands it should be made 5 inches high. The front forks are 6 inches and the back forks are 7 1/2 inches long. Forks and ramps are 7/8 inch wide. Front ramps start 5/8 inches back from the tips, 3 inches long, and 1/2 inch high. Leather is 9 1/4 inches in the front, 9 3/4 inches at the back, and is 3 3/4 inches long. Bottom counter balance plate is 6 1/4 inches long, 2 1/2 inches wide and 1/2 inch high. Handle is made from a 1 inch thick and 2 inch wide hardwood board. The front edge of the handle is 7 1/4 inches back from the tips and slopes back at a angle of 30 degrees. The top platform or plate must be epoxy glued and screwed to the handle. Risers for the arm braces are 1/2 inches by 3/4 inches by 3 inches. Band tie tips should be oval. Bill Herriman 9-1-06

It should be shot with the bands about 10 degrees off of the top plate!

Attachments

·
Registered
54 Posts
I really love this design! I am working on some custom designs based on this one and will share when I get one together that is worthy. Thanks for sharing!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.