Slingshots Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
2,424 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I shot it yesterday for the first time (pics will follow tonight)! It's a dream to shoot! I dont know why, but wood feels better during the shot, in a very very good way!
Oh, it has a name now, it's called the Triple Sting! When I upload the pics you'll know why :)
Oh guys, it is so satisfying, the feel of the wood and its behaviour on release, the joy of shooting that oak that is harder than steel to shape! I am ecstatic!

·
Premium Member
3,228 Posts
Ain't nothing like a natty.

Post Script- Now I have the proper time for a response. I love wood more than any other msterial...it is aesthetically pleasing and its tactile feeling allows more sensitivity to the shooting process and finally the fact it was once a living thing...kind gives each flip a personality.

·
Registered
2,424 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Some pics of her banded up, as a little teasing before I make a video :)
I wanted to call her the Triple Sting because of those three black dots, but I noticed that my other natty (wait for the relevant thread), had them too, so it isnt as unique as I thought.
Well, its big, strong and accurate, and...being a natty, somewhat primitive, just like my M60's battle tanks in the army (I had 4 of those, and I do miss them), so I guess I'll just call her...M60!

Attachments

·
Registered
2,424 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Dang that's nice. Now I'm confused. You made it or it was purchased? What kind of wood is that?
Very nice.
A friend gave me two tree forks, and I made them into slingshots.
It is oak, which, as it turns out, I adore! Have a look on the other thread, to see its sister :)

·
Super Moderator
6,185 Posts
Thats a nice natty. I also prefer shooting natties when I get the chance. There is something satisfying about them which can't be replicated with steel or plastic. Probably something to do with the humanness of a natural and imperfect material such as a lump of tree.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts