Slingshots Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Prince of Paraprosdokians and Epistemophilia
2,563 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Daisy says it has no replacement parts (should I ever need them) for my 20th Anniversary (1992) Powerline 880.

So, I bought a new 880, which includes a cheap scope, for $35, from WallyWorld.

I was in my patio, fine-tuning the good-enough scope, when an anole appeared on my fence, 7 m away. Though not completely finished with the fine tuning, I couldn't resist firing a pellet at it.

I named the anole "Shotiz Buttoff". Amazingly accurate pellet gun!

Wasn't there a classic book "For Whom the Anole Tolls"? Faulkner, I believe.

Attachments

Reactions: skarrd and Ibojoe

·
Premium Member
3,228 Posts
I had a 880 poweline for a long time... many of thenparts that need replaced can be repurposed other stuff... a little gasket material and sponge and sewing thread for example can be used to replace the parts on the plunger.

Reactions: THWACK!

·
Prince of Paraprosdokians and Epistemophilia
2,563 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
That wasn't cool.
They've overrun my patio, like a plague.

Their excrement is in everything I have in the patio, creating a very unsanitary condition.

They make my generator and other items their homes, and stink them up, even causing my generator to malfunction.

That's why the images are not of me petting them.

Reactions: RatRacer

·
Registered
5,712 Posts
They are like us. They are opportunistic. They go where the food is. The reason you are being over-run is because you have sh(t loads of bugs. Spray a bit and they will move on. Through pique at an an irritation, you took the shot. I am not opposed to Harvesting a game animal or controlling nuisance species and vermin. I do object to folks with pi$$ poor impulse control and a childish insensitivity to pain and death that serves no purpose but the idle amusement of the perpetrator. Maybe I am engaging anthropomorphism; but it seems to me that creature died in agonizing pain. That was a crap shot and you should not have taken it/

:twocents:

·
Registered
8 Posts
They are like us. They are opportunistic. They go where the food is. The reason you are being over-run is because you have sh(t loads of bugs. Spray a bit and they will move on. Through pique at an an irritation, you took the shot. I am not opposed to Harvesting a game animal or controlling nuisance species and vermin. I do object to folks with pi$$ poor impulse control and a childish insensitivity to pain and death that serves no purpose but the idle amusement of the perpetrator. Maybe I am engaging anthropomorphism; but it seems to me that creature died in agonizing pain. That was a crap shot and you should not have taken it/

:twocents:
I feel the same way on senseless targeting, but this is an invasive species, the cuban anole. It shares the same status as cuban tree frogs, burmese pythons, nile monitors, green iguanas, etc. It has taken over the habitat of the native green anole, and definitely ruins outdoor equipment and furniture, due to its prolific overpopulation. While it could have been a better shot, no love lost on its demise in this instance.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts