Slingshots Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Banned
320 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
How many people like the scorpion pattern as much as I do?Lol. Maybe next time I will make such titanium pfs with no pattern,which is lower cost of producing.

·
Registered
1,251 Posts
IMHO an abstract or symmetrical pattern would be more universally acceptable but it would probably be just as acceptable, if not better, plain. Personally, I would prefer it plain with a sand or bead blasted surface for a bit of stealth, texture and for grippiness.

Plain is good. Vanilla is afterall the best selling flavour of ice-cream!

·
Registered
745 Posts
I bought one. I personally would want a larger hole at the bottom and perhaps as much cut away from the area above the bottom hole as practical to reduce weight. You could always put a lanyard through the lower hole. I would like the lighter weight with no sharp edges I can at least get one with the weight reduced by buying it with the scorpion pattern. If the pointy areas of the cutout hurt my hands I can have the area filled with resin. I have never shot a PFS at all so I'll be getting a cheap one in HDPE to practice with before I start using a more expensive one. I will just put it away until I feel I am ready.

I am still concentrating on my general accuracy and probably won't try a PFS until I can consistently get 8 in 10 hits on a 3CM spinner and I'm not there yet. I'm working on it every day though :)

·
Registered
1,381 Posts
I think that a cutout design (it does not have to be a scorpion...) definitely adds to the overall aesthetics of your slingshots. Personally, I would quite like an American eagle symbol, as it represents freedom to me.

No design whatsoever would make the general frame look rather boring.

·
Registered
76 Posts
Mawbe you could try it with a smaller cutout. With the cut being so close to that edge, it gives the impression of being a bit flimsy.

I'd see what it looks like in your cad program with various sized cutouts. I think it might look good with quite a small scorpion cut into it.

·
Registered
745 Posts
My final thoughts on it. Anybody that would buy it would buy it with the scorpion or without it. Anybody that will not buy it will not buy it with or without the scorpion.

In short making it plain will make it less costly to make but I don't think you will see a significant difference in numbers sold either way. YMMV

·
Registered
745 Posts
Mawbe you could try it with a smaller cutout. With the cut being so close to that edge, it gives the impression of being a bit flimsy.

I'd see what it looks like in your cad program with various sized cutouts. I think it might look good with quite a small scorpion cut into it.
Titanium is so strong there is no question to it's strength as it is. Possibly an impression of weakness only to people who are not familiar with the material.

·
Registered
76 Posts
See thats the thing. I sometimes flick through images really fast when shopping or even just looking through stuff. My first thought seeing this was that that edge looks flimsy. As soon as I went back to read it was titanium it didnt bother me, but not everyone would go back to check.

While im here. Ill say that my thoughts about having a smaller cutout were purely about cosmetics. Im a big fan of a mostly plain looking product with small icons and branding. I think just a small scorpion would look really good, its a really well designed cutout after all. Dont know how many people are like me in those preferences though.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts