Slingshots Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
3,388 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just got home from an airgun show. Had the pleasure of meeting @Gwenny , @Wepster and absentee member @DF in NY , who will hopefully check in a bit more now! Also gave a frame to someone who will hopefully get bit by the bug! Did a little trade deal with DF and scored some ammo. He also has the vintage frames in the picture. If anyone is interested, reach out to him. He also had the beautiful frame pictured below. Is that one from Nathan Masters?

Rectangle Font Auto part Pattern Electric blue
Wood Font Material property Wood stain Hardwood
Art Creative arts Wood Font Bicycle part

·
Registered
23 Posts
Very nice to meet StringSlap and his friend DF, we chatted knives, examined the slingshots shown above, very nice condition as the pics show. There were a lot of airguns to drool over. I bought a 30 plus year old, (looks new) Daisy 499. Met a fellow airgunner from Gateway to Airguns.
Proceeded down the 50 mile garage sale. Bought some odds and ends.

·
Super Moderator
7,043 Posts
Nice pick up String! Couple of vintage ammo cards, a Wham-o clone, a true Wham-o, a Weber Slingbow, a Marksman Fireball, and a custom Nathan Masters Omega. Rock and roll Bud!!(y)

·
Registered
50 Posts
Thanks Stringslap, and greetings from Western NY. I am pleased to have acquired the SS and clay ammo from Stringslap yesterday. I had the pleasure of meeting him at the airgun show and shoot. We got to talking and he had some SS’s. Since he wouldn’t take my money, I had to bribe him with ammo. I am happy to have added this SS to my collection. But not as happy as I am to have had the pleasure of meeting Stringslap. We had a chance to shoot for a few minutes and with his instruction I was able to hit the target a few times. He mentioned how great the SS community is, I can attest that he is a great ambassador for the forum and SS community.
The picture of the SS’s he posted above are all for sale (except the one laminate) if anyone is interested. I have not had the chance to research them yet but would be happy to help them find a home in someone’s collection. I have been a member here since 2011, and yea, I have been absent for a while. Glad to be back.

DF in NY

·
Registered
3,388 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thank you for the kind words DF. Right back at ya! It was great meeting and talking with you. Really hope to see you around here more often. You'll fit right in. I'm glad that Flatband was able to ID the frames, especially the NM Omega. A true collectors piece to be cherished, unless you decide to sell it to me!

·
Registered
26 Posts
Thanks Stringslap, and greetings from Western NY. I am pleased to have acquired the SS and clay ammo from Stringslap yesterday. I had the pleasure of meeting him at the airgun show and shoot. We got to talking and he had some SS’s. Since he wouldn’t take my money, I had to bribe him with ammo. I am happy to have added this SS to my collection. But not as happy as I am to have had the pleasure of meeting Stringslap. We had a chance to shoot for a few minutes and with his instruction I was able to hit the target a few times. He mentioned how great the SS community is, I can attest that he is a great ambassador for the forum and SS community.
The picture of the SS’s he posted above are all for sale (except the one laminate) if anyone is interested. I have not had the chance to research them yet but would be happy to help them find a home in someone’s collection. I have been a member here since 2011, and yea, I have been absent for a while. Glad to be back.

DF in NY
OMG it's a pain to get him to take money! I grabbed the pictured frame's twin and it live in my walking around bag now!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts