Slingshots Forum banner
1 - 20 of 97 Posts

·
Super Moderator
6,732 Posts
Right on Mr.Tag! Bill and his wife make a great team for designing quality products for the advancement of our sport. Good stuff!!

·
Registered
2,774 Posts
Sweet william is a super sponsor of our interest and he puts up with me calling him a genetically modified CIA operative.

I'd also like to give a tip of the hat to KawKan. When I first started this interest, He was always gracious enough to answer me in kindly straight forward fashion. I'll wager that he is a real good guy in person.

·
Super Moderator
6,732 Posts
MJ, Jodi and their family❤ are definitely first class. MJ taught me how tie tubes on, which I really appreciate his patience They put a slingshot tournament for three years I believe.
I second MJ and Jodi and family. I would also add that Tag is a pretty good guy.
And I third them!!!! Mj and his family are top shelf!

·
Premium Member
4,054 Posts
I can never begin to thank Bill and Daranda Hays enough for all they have contributed to the sport of slingshots. There are others Iwill acknowledge, I just thought I would give others a chance.
You're to kind Tom.

I like so many others have seen a little further at times... but it's only because we were standing on the shoulders of Giants... and let's not forget the true pillars of the slingshot community... those that make our visits to destinations such as this a lot more pleasant and informative... pillars like you Tom.

I've been working quite a bit lately, that in between taking care of my Grandson while Kirsten is at work in the ER and dealing with other situations like Daranda's dad dying and some other stuff.... I've been somewhat abrupt and short even with those I truly care about...

It's good to see positive attitudes like your's... helps to center me and know there's more than me little work and world to think about... Thanks again Tom!

·
Premium Member
11,461 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Bill you and your family are definitely amazing. Give our condolences to Daranda. Also tell Kirstin we are extremely thankful and proud of her. This Pandemic reminds me of when someone in a family has cancer and the family just keeps it to themselves. Over the past couple decades dealing with cancer I have learned one very important thing. We need to reach out to others to release our anxiety, and most of the time it helps the other person to release their issues. My Mother in laws cancer Dr says we also need spiritual help and guidance. Spiritual guidance can mean different thoughts to different people.

·
Mojave Mo
5,167 Posts
I really appreciate the Forum first because through y'all I found Pocket Predator and SimpleShot and Dan Hood. I very much appreciate the effort it takes to create a product and build a brand. I am even occasionly tolerant of a Sling-Business that needs to source an overseas item to stay in the game. So many individuals here have contributed to both my sling and personal life success. I won't name the names because I am not sure anyone of them do what they do for the applause. I suppose the exception would have been ol' Jolly Roger who was never as jolly as he hoped!

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

·
Super Moderator
6,732 Posts
Here's another great name in the world of slingshots-Mr. Nathan Masters. A great shooter, innovator, businessman and an unbelievably talented woodworker. Some of his custom slingshots are probably the nicest I've ever seen. The owner of SimpleShot and a genuine nice guy too!!!!

·
Premium Member
11,461 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Mr. Dick Riley gave me my first tube tying jig. He had two different types, and ask me which one I preferred. I explained to him that I was new to the sport so I wasn’t sure. He gave me both of them. I still use them today.

1 - 20 of 97 Posts