Slingshots Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Wife got me a M&P 15-22 a few years back for a birthday present. Finally got around to slapping a scope on it (some chinese scope I gambled on a while ago) and sighted it in faster than I have any weapon in my life. Two three round strings. Excited for small game this year! Sadly I'm not confident enough nor do I have a good setup to sling some small game.

Sent from my SM-N986U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,268 Posts
Wife got me a M&P 15-22 a few years back for a birthday present. Finally got around to slapping a scope on it (some chinese scope I gambled on a while ago) and sighted it in faster than I have any weapon in my life. Two three round strings. Excited for small game this year! Sadly I'm not confident enough nor do I have a good setup to sling some small game.

Right on man. Sounds like fun! Keep working with that scout LT. That’ll take game once you get confident enough. I have a bunch of golf tees and I was thinking of ordering a bag of ping pong balls. Stick the ball to the tee with a little poster tack so it doesn’t blow away and then set them up a different distances. Fishing bobbers work well too. Although it’s almost a shame to ruin a good bobber 😂. I’ve been after a good 10/22 myself, with an extended mag. That’ll have to wait. Although I haven’t looked into ammo in a while. Last time I checked it was bare bare bare. Has it gotten any easier to find 22lr?

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Right on man. Sounds like fun! Keep working with that scout LT. That’ll take game once you get confident enough. I have a bunch of golf tees and I was thinking of ordering a bag of ping pong balls. Stick the ball to the tee with a little poster tack so it doesn’t blow away and then set them up a different distances. Fishing bobbers work well too. Although it’s almost a shame to ruin a good bobber . I’ve been after a good 10/22 myself, with an extended mag. That’ll have to wait. Although I haven’t looked into ammo in a while. Last time I checked it was bare bare bare. Has it gotten any easier to find 22lr?
That sounds like a pretty good drill. That's similar to what my dad when I was a kid to prepare me for squirrel hunting. Nearest thing I could equate it to was a woods walk. Unknown distance coke and beer cans. Just pop them as you see them. Got me pretty good at it when I was a kid. It's been over a decade since I've used a .22lr to hunt squirrels though. I switched to shotguns and am finally making the change back lol

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Right on man. Sounds like fun! Keep working with that scout LT. That’ll take game once you get confident enough. I have a bunch of golf tees and I was thinking of ordering a bag of ping pong balls. Stick the ball to the tee with a little poster tack so it doesn’t blow away and then set them up a different distances. Fishing bobbers work well too. Although it’s almost a shame to ruin a good bobber . I’ve been after a good 10/22 myself, with an extended mag. That’ll have to wait. Although I haven’t looked into ammo in a while. Last time I checked it was bare bare bare. Has it gotten any easier to find 22lr?
And to be frank on the ammo situation, I haven't a clue. I have a box of thunderbolts from a year before the virus and a lot of small 50 boxes from my father in law. So I'm still burning into my stockpile.

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
not much variety in the stores around here [TX] gun shows are were i get 22lr and 22mag ammoa little pricey but at least its there,
I love .22 mag but I gotta admit that even when things were hunky dory in the ammo department (granted, I turned 18 during POTUS 44 and was enlisted for the entirety of 45 so I couldn't always buy what I did find) I could never find it. It stopped me from buying a rifle chambered in it.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts