Slingshots Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
3,391 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My catchbox has been working really well. Using an old sheet and it was doing the job. It was a bit fidgety and I needed to readjust the sheet several times each shooting session. It was also really loud. Not too much of an issue, but when I hit the sheet it sounded like a CO2 gun being shot. All in all not really anything I couldn't live with, but just enough for me to seek alternatives. I don't get to Hobby Lobby too often, but I went there today and realized how much fabric they sell. A quick inquiry with an employee and I was directed to some nice heavy duty nylon mesh. I paid $10 for 2 yards. Only took a few minutes of tweaking and the results are the best I've ever used. Absorbs the shot perfectly and gently deposits the marbles and steel to the bottom of the box. Also almost dead silent. I actually thought my bands were breaking because it seemed like all the power was gone! A quick hit on my spinner and all faith was restored! Everyone's catchbox is set up differently, so you'd need to mess with it, but I suggest using several layers. Mine if folded into 6 layers. Definitely worth a look!

Rectangle Textile Grey Creative arts Woolen
Jeans Blue Rectangle Wood Textile

Attachments

·
Neophyte
2,131 Posts
My catchbox has been working really well. Using an old sheet and it was doing the job. It was a bit fidgety and I needed to readjust the sheet several times each shooting session. It was also really loud. Not too much of an issue, but when I hit the sheet it sounded like a CO2 gun being shot. All in all not really anything I couldn't live with, but just enough for me to seek alternatives. I don't get to Hobby Lobby too often, but I went there today and realized how much fabric they sell. A quick inquiry with an employee and I was directed to some nice heavy duty nylon mesh. I paid $10 for 2 yards. Only took a few minutes of tweaking and the results are the best I've ever used. Absorbs the shot perfectly and gently deposits the marbles and steel to the bottom of the box. Also almost dead silent. I actually thought my bands were breaking because it seemed like all the power was gone! A quick hit on my spinner and all faith was restored! Everyone's catchbox is set up differently, so you'd need to mess with it, but I suggest using several layers. Mine if folded into 6 layers. Definitely worth a look!

attachicon.gif
mesh.jpg
attachicon.gif
mesh_box.jpg
Do you happen to have the UPC of item number for this mesh? I would like to try it and want to get the right stuff thanks :)

·
Registered
3,391 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·

attachicon.gif
mesh.jpg
attachicon.gif
mesh_box.jpg
Do you happen to have the UPC of item number for this mesh? I would like to try it and want to get the right stuff thanks :)
I don't have the receipt, but it should be SKU: 1976075

I believe they refer to it as cargo net fabric. Comes in white, gray and black. That sku is for the gray (from their website).

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.