Slingshots Forum banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
446 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Apologies for all the plywood frames, just trying to get my head around the craftsmanship side of it and ply seemed a good place to start. Thought I would try something a little more complicated this time so I went for this simple ergo which I got the template for from the forum so thank you to that person (I did go back and look for a name of the creator but can’t find it? So apologies there) and experimenting with elastics so stuck some TBG on to see how it goes. Thanks for looking guys, Stay safe!

Attachments

·
Registered
4,145 Posts
Apologies for all the plywood frames, just trying to get my head around the craftsmanship side of it and ply seemed a good place to start. Thought I would try something a little more complicated this time so I went for this simple ergo which I got the template for from the forum so thank you to that person (I did go back and look for a name of the creator but can't find it? So apologies there) and experimenting with elastics so stuck some TBG on to see how it goes. Thanks for looking guys, Stay safe!
No apologies needed! Plywood is fairly inexpensive and plenty strong enough for frame making. Good job!!

·
Registered
446 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Apologies for all the plywood frames, just trying to get my head around the craftsmanship side of it and ply seemed a good place to start. Thought I would try something a little more complicated this time so I went for this simple ergo which I got the template for from the forum so thank you to that person (I did go back and look for a name of the creator but can't find it? So apologies there) and experimenting with elastics so stuck some TBG on to see how it goes. Thanks for looking guys, Stay safe!
No apologies needed! Plywood is fairly inexpensive and plenty strong enough for frame making. Good job!!
Thanks DSIL! For me, because access to tools is a problem at the moment it's also a lot easier that it comes flat haha

·
Registered
962 Posts
Having a comfortable hand crafted slingshot makes a big difference in my attitude towards shooting. I think I'm just a little proud and feel more connected. I'm sure you can agree. You'll learn a lot about what kind of slingshot works for you by making them. Good job, looks great, now all you have to do is go shoot and enjoy yourself.

·
Registered
446 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Having a comfortable hand crafted slingshot makes a big difference in my attitude towards shooting. I think I'm just a little proud and feel more connected. I'm sure you can agree. You'll learn a lot about what kind of slingshot works for you by making them. Good job, looks great, now all you have to do is go shoot and enjoy yourself.
I definitely agree with that, managed to get a few shots in this morning and it feels good knowing you did it all start to finish. Thanks for the compliment bro

Whats wrong with plywood?

Great looking frame - nice work.
It's not so much there's a problem with plywood, it's more my repetitive use of it haha thanks for the compliment Matt really appreciate it

1 - 20 of 24 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.