Slingshots Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
825 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
OK, just got a axiom Ocularis,, really a fine slingshot, came with the 18+22 bands, they shoot good, smooth and all, but the speed just doesn't seem to be there, my draw is 32" and have the bands down to working length of 6", very near max, when shooting thru the chronie, whatever size ammo, it is always around 40 FPS slower, than precise red, tb gold, pink, whatever, but the black is very smooth, and easy to get very accurate with and stay there, just not as quick, anybody else notice this.

great slingshot, and the Ocularis plugs are really a fine thing, just shoots slower with the blacks, but I do have other banding in different colors and such , if I get to worked up over this. HUH??

·
Registered
9 Posts
IF my opinion means anything, the bands that came with my Hammer XT--just got this week !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!---- seem to be very low draw weight. It does smash clays but it feels like I am lobbing the balls at 8 yards. This is my first ever sling with bands so take that for what it is worth---nothing. The Barnett I am using is miles ahead BUT it has those HUGE commercial tubes.

·
Ray Rowden
2,706 Posts
Congratulations on the new sling.

I'm pretty bad about buying new stuff, so take this with a grain of salt.

The latex situation seems to be a moving target.

I suspect your bands were cut from the original SS Black, which I found very similar to TBG, very smooth, and long lasting. Maybe not the snappiest stuff.

I bought about a mile of it when it SS was making room for the new stuff, which now comes in a bunch of thicknesses.

So, I have the luxury of cutting my own tapers, and have not had a problem of getting the performance I need. I just cut a little wider for heavy stuff.

Bottom line: Take a deep breathe, and let it go. This is older latex You have newer latex. SS has newer latex. There's going to be more new latex soon.

Custom cut latex is always better than pre-cut latex, but it is what it is. Those bands won't last forever!

That Axiom will have many more bandsets, Bugar!

·
Registered
825 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Ok, tnx, yeah, tomorrow, will start experimenting thru the crony with the black and other stuff I got, if it's not too bad outside, got some cleaning up to do in the woods, no place to go anyway.

B.

·
Premium Member
9,947 Posts
I never liked their old 10 1/2" stuff. It was slow especially in the cold but when Nathan said they had outsourced to China I thought I'd give it a try. I tested mine against GZK black and everything was identical. Even under the microscope.
It's fairly quick and has a long life. Plus it's real easy to get if you don't like Ordering from China.
P.S. Their new microfiber pouches are awesome!

·
Registered
825 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I may just call them, see if can get answers, and members check out the pouches, got some old micro fib pouches like them fine, later

B.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts