Slingshots Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
3,280 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys,

I just got this shooter on my first trade. Its a fun little shooter. I changed out the bands to 1842 tapered tubes, attached a lanyard, and shot 3/8 steel from 33ft.

I was able to section a tall can of Arizona green tea in 3 places. I've never done that before! Must've been because of BushpotChef's recent contest shooting cans! Lol

Thanks for checking it out all!

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
6,185 Posts
My only headache is shipping costs. Adds $22 which makes that frame a hair under $40 - If I were still in the UK I'd have snatched one up ages ago (same with the Occ Axiom).

I've been planning to make one for ages - but trying to get suitable material locally (and thats affordable)

·
Mojave Mo
4,840 Posts
Dig my Dead Ringer!
Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk
Mojave Mo, how do you have yours set up? And what ammo do you use?
So far BB's, 20g airsoft, 1/4 and 3/8" steel...and all on SS stock bands per their recommendation. I have so much fun with my modified DR that I made a couple of versions of it!

·
Registered
3,280 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
My only headache is shipping costs. Adds $22 which makes that frame a hair under $40 - If I were still in the UK I'd have snatched one up ages ago (same with the Occ Axiom).
I've been planning to make one for ages - but trying to get suitable material locally (and thats affordable)
Yah that's a pretty steep price! Those darn shipping fees!

·
Registered
3,280 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Dig my Dead Ringer!
So far BB's, 20g airsoft, 1/4 and 3/8" steel...and all on SS stock bands per their recommendation. I have so much fun with my modified DR that I made a couple of versions of it!
You shoot all those sizes with the stock theraband blue!? What modifications have you done on the others? Can we see pics? Thanks!

·
Mojave Mo
4,840 Posts
Dig my Dead Ringer!
You shoot all those sizes with the stock theraband blue!? What modifications have you done on the others? Can we see pics? Thanks!
No. I used the SS tube selection that they recommended (looped 1632?) and the 1/2" blue flats. I'm still new enough at these new sling formulas that I am staying with what I read in the Tubes and Loops section! I was primarily curious how much a 'small' sling can handle.....which lead me to putting in on a Sumo Diet.

Check out my post called El Big Phatty in the Homemade Slings for a look-see! M.Mo

1 - 20 of 21 Posts