Slingshots Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Konrad
373 Posts
I was looking up the Simple shot website at some pouches and noticed that Rayshot's SuperSure Pouches are no longer being sold there. Anyone know what has happened? I can make a educated guess. Anyone know how Mr Masters is going?

They all started here with a open resource, I hope they don't well you know what I mean, maybe the ? I am lost for words, my pictures of my laminated pouches have been removed. I don't think it is the wisest move to try and make money out of slingshots (full time), not something I would do. I hope I am free to say this, I am not trying to insult anyone.

Anyway I hope Nathan is getting better, If he or anyone want's to share any news it would be nice. It is a pity Jeorge Sprave, Game keeper John, Torsten and many others don't post anymore.

Salutations to Slingshotforum and it's members, I hope you are staying healthy and well fed.

PK.

·
aka CYBORG
1,940 Posts
SimpleShot has reduced their offerings to a half dozen models, some Hammer options, and DIY supplies - definitely not what it use to be. Business is tough and things change, but still sad to see.

·
Registered
4,662 Posts
Certain businesses can be static in their type of service, products, or whatever they offer, some need to keep innovating, adjusting to the current economic, customer climate. Nathan is having to working on the later. He is well and works to keep things relevant to his business needs and customers.

As for my pouches. Making a quality natural hide pouch, laminating hides together takes a lot more time than one would realize, especially when buying whole hides in view of making large batches. You can't just slap two hides together and expect reasonable consistency. That makes it a challenge for me to keep up with Nathan's request.

Also, I think the requests for a genuine hide pouch fell off, people are on the microfiber band wagon. That is actually working for me because I prefer not having to make big volumes of pouches.

I prefer a natural hide pouch. That is why I will use up all the hides I currently have and likely stop selling.

·
Konrad
373 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I have been burnt buying Kangaroo leather, it was weaker than microfiber, I doubt it was genuine. I understand your dilemma and money is getting very tight for many. If you do give it away please share your secrets. I think I have it worked out with canvas or suede and two coats of contact adhesive but still you are the master and many would love to know your secrets.

Your correspondence and contributions are much appreciated. I wish you and Nathan all the best.

Kindest regards Konrad.

·
Konrad
373 Posts
Might be a wise Idea Mick.

So the math. To make a average wage of $40,000 USD /52 weeks = $769/ per week / 7=$109.8 per day. $109.8/$2.5= 43.92.

So to make the average wage Ray needs to sell at least 44 $2.5 pouches a day, seven day a week. Now that is not considering costs and tax. - 35-40% maybe more. Ray need to move a lot of pouches. Not easy.

This is what he is up against.

laser cut slingshot pouch

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.