Slingshots Forum banner
1 - 20 of 57 Posts

·
Registered
655 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
G'day thought I'd take 5 mins to type this up and talk about it. I just have to exclaim my opinion on the simpleshot torque, and how accurate it really is. I have had the torque for over 6 months now and I can say for the most part I have been happy with it, however, there has been countless times where the shots have been thrown out of nowhere. I am currently waiting on a titan hunter slingshot from Chris Graffin or better known as 'Catapult Carnage' on YouTube. Many people use the old saying "It's the indian not the bow" but that is only true to some extent. There have been countless times where I am shooting the same everytime and sometimes 2 or 3 shots get thrown way off for no apparent reason. In my opinion, it is a good slingshot for beginners or even intermediate level shooters but it is not a slingshot for the serious shooter. I have a new natural that will be up on the forum probably tomorrow and I can say that before I varnished it I had some shots and I was noticeably more accurate with it in a matter of minutes than I will ever be with the torque. I am talking hitting a 1.5cm chalk disk 2nd shot from 25m which I was very happy about. Sort of besides the point but what I was getting at is that a natural can and probably will be more accurate than the torque. I saw a few comments on this forum where other people have had the same accuracy problem with the torque. I have never had a fork hit just shots getting thrown out of nowhere. Cheers.

·
Registered
655 Posts
It's your pouch release. The Torque is as accurate as any slingshot out there. I've had a few and never had any problems with flyers. And I've shot flats and tubes on it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
No it's not my pouch release, I have shot PFS many times which is key to pouch release and never ever had any problems. The release is fine and I even filmed myself as I thought that was the case but the release was, as I thought, the exact same everytime. I have never had a problem with any other slingshot ever, and I use the pouches I use all the time. The only thing I can think of would be the 'FlipClipX' attachment system.

·
Registered
655 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
It's your pouch release. The Torque is as accurate as any slingshot out there. I've had a few and never had any problems with flyers. And I've shot flats and tubes on it.

I agree. Flyers are almost always caused by poor pouch release.
As I stated above, I am 99.9% sure it is not my release. I have shot PFS many times which is key to pouch release and I have never ever had problems with any other slingshots in my life. I may also add that I am not the only person to have these random flyers. Some people it is causes by their release but I have even gone to the extent of filming myself at a close zoom on the pouch and the release is the exact same everytime. Again, as stated about, the only thing I can think of is the 'FlipClipX' attachment system.

·
Premium Member
3,731 Posts

As I stated above, I am 99.9% sure it is not my release. I have shot PFS many times which is key to pouch release and I have never ever had problems with any other slingshots in my life. I may also add that I am not the only person to have these random flyers. Some people it is causes by their release but I have even gone to the extent of filming myself at a close zoom on the pouch and the release is the exact owsame everytime. Again, as stated about, the only thing I can think of is the 'FlipClipX' attachment system.
And how does that cause flyers? Once the bands are attached their fixed. Unless their shifting while you shoot. I have two friends I shoot with regularly that shoot torques and Scouts and never heard about a problem. And they use the clips.

·
Registered
655 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·

As I stated above, I am 99.9% sure it is not my release. I have shot PFS many times which is key to pouch release and I have never ever had problems with any other slingshots in my life. I may also add that I am not the only person to have these random flyers. Some people it is causes by their release but I have even gone to the extent of filming myself at a close zoom on the pouch and the release is the exact owsame everytime. Again, as stated about, the only thing I can think of is the 'FlipClipX' attachment system.
And how does that cause flyers? Once the bands are attached their fixed. Unless their shifting while you shoot. I have two friends I shoot with regularly that shoot torques and Scouts and never heard about a problem. And they use the clips.

I don't know I said that's the only thing I could think of. Never had a problem with any slingshot so I don't know why I get flyers when my release is consistent and everything I am doing is consistent everytime.

·
Premium Member
10,728 Posts
The Torque is as accurate as they come. Unexplained flyers is the reason I came to this forum long ago. You more than likely have a pouch problem. Try changing to a larger pouch.
Make sure the ammo is centered every time. A frame is a fixture. There's no way it can cause flyer. If it were the frame it would throw them every shot.

·
Registered
350 Posts
G'day thought I'd take 5 mins to type this up and talk about it. I just have to exclaim my opinion on the simpleshot torque, and how accurate it really is. I have had the torque for over 6 months now and I can say for the most part I have been happy with it, however, there has been countless times where the shots have been thrown out of nowhere. I am currently waiting on a titan hunter slingshot from Chris Graffin or better known as 'Catapult Carnage' on YouTube. Many people use the old saying "It's the indian not the bow" but that is only true to some extent. There have been countless times where I am shooting the same everytime and sometimes 2 or 3 shots get thrown way off for no apparent reason. In my opinion, it is a good slingshot for beginners or even intermediate level shooters but it is not a slingshot for the serious shooter. I have a new natural that will be up on the forum probably tomorrow and I can say that before I varnished it I had some shots and I was noticeably more accurate with it in a matter of minutes than I will ever be with the torque. I am talking hitting a 1.5cm chalk disk 2nd shot from 25m which I was very happy about. Sort of besides the point but what I was getting at is that a natural can and probably will be more accurate than the torque. I saw a few comments on this forum where other people have had the same accuracy problem with the torque. I have never had a fork hit just shots getting thrown out of nowhere. Cheers.
left arm straight left wrist straight your anchor points the same bands are the same length and ammo is in the center of the pouch your lead arm holding the slingshot is moving and not in the same position make sure it is straight .

·
Registered
655 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
left arm straight left wrist straight your anchor points the same bands are the same length and ammo is in the center of the pouch your lead arm holding the slingshot is moving and not in the same position make sure it is straight .
Everything is the same mate. I already stated I got use to doing the same thing everytime shooting PFS. Nothing is different everything is the same I can't remember who but one of the top forum members even mentioned his experience with it I can't seem to find it.

·
Registered
655 Posts
Hi AUSSIE4,

You mention Chris, this is the video he shoots the Torque for hunting. Seems to be accurate.

A wrap on the handle can help if you have inconsistency on the grip. As you say the release is not a problem.

Cheers,

Tremo
Yeah thanks I have seen that video and have a wrap on the slingshot.

·
Registered
655 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Just thought I'd let everyone know that I wasn't saying the slingshot isn't accurate at all. Nor was I asking where or not it is accurate. I was simply expressing my opinion and experience with it. There have been a few really good shooters who have had the same problem I'm not sure why this is. But by all the replys I take people were misdirected by how I worded it however it was just my opinion on it.

·
Registered
655 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
The Torque is as accurate as they come. Unexplained flyers is the reason I came to this forum long ago. You more than likely have a pouch problem. Try changing to a larger pouch.
Make sure the ammo is centered every time. A frame is a fixture. There's no way it can cause flyer. If it were the frame it would throw them every shot.
The thing is I use the same bands and ammo with other slings and I have never had unexplained flyers. I know when a shot is going to get sent off upon release like I will feel the pouch move wrongly as it releases from my fingers.

·
Registered
655 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
The last thing I can think of is how far the bands go into the flipclips each time. Sometimes I have to adjust the bands so they are even in the clips. The flipclips even when done up tight, shift side to side so unless every now and then the clips get sort of stuck in the tiniest bit tilted thats what it could be. As I shoot the same everytime and know when balls will be off upon release I will be able to tell if something I did wasn't consistent. However when shooting the torque and the flyers I was talking about everything both felt and looked consistent on video.

·
Registered
2,762 Posts
The torque gave me fits. Could NOT make those clips hold on the left fork. Finally gave them away. Took the rascal out to the shop and butchered the bejeepers out of it. Warped the handle and used wrap and tuck yellow precise bands and 3/8 shot. I think I shoot it about the same as my others. Never did like it, still don't. But I'm sure I caused all the problems that I had with it. The fork design is ok, I think that you are unconsciously doing something a little different. Would it help to have some mate film you, and when you get a flier, compare that to the good shots??

1 - 20 of 57 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.