Slingshots Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Sirs:
I've always been sceptical of the method of sliding a rubber tube over a close fitting metal rod
and depending on simple "friction" to overcome the tendency of the tube to slip off, under sever draw tension.
I love the looks of the beautiful metal stocked slingshots, and fully understand the single tube doubled back and both ends
attached to the pouch, then no permanent attachment to the fork is required.
Please tell me how to attach a single tube to a "wooden" or "metal" fork.

I am so excited about discovering "THE" beloved sport is "alive and well" as I am 73yrs old, and when I was a kid on the farm just Southeast of Dallas TX
I would NEVER be caught without a pocket full of pecans, and my slingshot around my neck!!
SORRY! now I.m running my head!
Please help me to understand this proceedure

THANKS SO MUCH
Curtis Smith
2012 Bowers Rd
Seagoville TX 75159
[email protected]

·
Registered
282 Posts
Since you are in Texas you should hook up with Tex shooter Bill Herriman. He will show you how flat latex rubber pulls much easier and shoots faster than tubes. He also sells bands sets that are some of the best available!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Sirs:
I've always been sceptical of the method of sliding a rubber tube over a close fitting metal rod
and depending on simple "friction" to overcome the tendency of the tube to slip off, under sever draw tension.
I love the looks of the beautiful metal stocked slingshots, and fully understand the single tube doubled back and both ends

I am so excited about discovering "THE" beloved sport is "alive and well" as I am 73yrs old, and when I was a kid on the farm just Southeast of Dallas TX
I would NEVER be caught without a pocket full of pecans, and my slingshot around my neck!!

THANKS SO MUCH
Curtis Smith
2012 Bowers Rd
Seagoville TX 75159
[email protected]

·
Registered
65 Posts
Sirs:

THANKS SO MUCH
Curtis Smith
2012 Bowers Rd
Seagoville TX 75159
[email protected]
[/quote]

Frogman is the tube man you can check out his stuff at www. bulletproofprimitivesupply.com Hope this helps.

·
Registered
429 Posts
Curtis,

Slinging is very much alive and well.

Welcome to the forum. You will find a little of everything here.

ZDP just did a blog about tubes to frame attachments.

Try this:

My link

·
Philly
2,576 Posts
Curtis welcome, 73 is not to old to rekindle a passion from your youth, I am 69 and we have a few others with us, we could start an "Old timers Club". Seriously, have fun and be safe.
Philly

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.