Slingshots Forum banner
21 - 40 of 40 Posts

Science is magic that works
Y[QUYTE="Cass, post: 1585909, member: 45520"]
Nice, how did you do the center?
Thanks Cass! So I have this random acrylic rod I've had for a while now. I just hit the frame with my Dremel until the rod sat halfway in. I then set it with 5 min epoxy, and then I cut it to the shape of the frame. I used masking tape to seal the edges and then filled the rest of the space with epoxy and then shaped it! View attachment 371450 View attachment 371451
[/QUOTE]
Y[QUYTE="Cass, post: 1585909, member: 45520"]
Nice, how did you do the center?
Thanks Cass! So I have this random acrylic rod I've had for a while now. I just hit the frame with my Dremel until the rod sat halfway in. I then set it with 5 min epoxy, and then I cut it to the shape of the frame. I used masking tape to seal the edges and then filled the rest of the space with epoxy and then shaped it! View attachment 371450 View attachment 371451
[/QUOTE]
wow, it turned out great 馃憤 very interesting visual馃榿馃榿

Premium Member
Love me some slingshots.
Discussion Starter · #24 ·
[/QUOTE]
wow, it turned out great 馃憤 very interesting visual馃榿馃榿
[/QUOTE]
Thank you! It was a complete shot in the dark however unfortunately when I sealed it the clear coat did like a cracked effect on the surface of the plastic nothing I can feel with my nail but it's noticeable. So I resanded it this morning and did a wax finish this time around but the cracks are still visible but it's kind of cool looking lol

Premium Member
Love me some slingshots.
Discussion Starter · #31 ·
that came out great,its prettier than any of the turtles i have[and i have a bunch]
i am still looking,but i think i have another urtle core around here,the gapper one,if i find it i will send it your way :)
Thank you Steven! I really appreciate that! Who knows maybe one day it'll make it way back to you! And I'll definitely take any cores I don't have to cut out haha it makes my life way easier!

Premium Member
Love me some slingshots.
Discussion Starter · #34 ·
That really did come out nicely brother. Love the color of that handle material too. I know they shaped it that way at the bottom for hand hold but, every time I look at it I just see a nutsack 馃ぃ. Don鈥檛 get me wrong I鈥檇 still shoot it though.
Thanks man! I definitely like it but yes looks like one for sure haha.

Premium Member
Love me some slingshots.
Discussion Starter · #40 ·
Turned out great Jon ( good on you Steven [mention]skarrd [/mention] )

Is that scale material dyed Box Elder Burl ?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Darrell Allen

** SlingLyfe Band Up **
Thank you my friend! And yes your spot on! Green obviously. I have some more green scales just like this coming soon 馃榿

21 - 40 of 40 Posts