Slingshots Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
1,222 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Joining the Canadian as well as Mojave variants… here is another, made with kind permission from Joey - of course!

I think the LBS might be the quintessential skateboard deck frame and having bought a maple deck on a whim from a Chinese source, I started getting some ideas and wanted to try this first. Completed this last night, making the most of my long Easter weekend. I got what I paid for material wise and found a void (that I didn't do a very good job of filling). Finished with some idiot proof, Minwax Antique Oil Finish that's dry to touch now but still giving off fumes, so I'll need patience yet before I would band it up.

Building this was a study in slimline ergonomics that made me appreciate the LBS even more. There really is genius in the way Joey sculpts them and I've tried my best to do it justice. I can't make them the same ever- not that I'd ever want to because I'd rather just keep buying originals! - but I can hope to draw on its inspiration for a homage? For obvious reasons, I won't be posting up a template for this.

…And I do love that skateboard curve!!!

e4294d20a6540c956905baae74f37675.jpg
a23440b67addff2b36dfa11d0f1e1648.jpg
c53104e4bf09d6d08241142fe7252ed7.jpg

·
Registered
1,219 Posts
I love them lines mate..super clean too..ya right at a glance you could be fooled into thinking the lbs is a simple board cut but once you get one in the hand it’s obvious the amount of thought when in and the OG skateboard is hard to beat????

·
Registered
4,722 Posts
That looks awesome my friend !!!! .. I'm humbled by the words and the love man .. inspiration is amazing. You took the LBS lines and incorporated them well .. and you said it well when you said the look of the LBS is much more ergo than it seems... it evolved alot into what it is today :) that curve really does work nicely! :) thanks man !

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
4,722 Posts
I love them lines mate..super clean too..ya right at a glance you could be fooled into thinking the lbs is a simple board cut but once you get one in the hand it's obvious the amount of thought when in and the OG skateboard is hard to beat
Thank you Mr Brooks! means alot dude ! :)

·
Registered
1,222 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I love them lines mate..super clean too..ya right at a glance you could be fooled into thinking the lbs is a simple board cut but once you get one in the hand it's obvious the amount of thought when in and the OG skateboard is hard to beat
Thats an awesome looking frame - nice crisp work - like it.
TQ Mr Brooks and Matt! It means a lot coming from you guys.

·
Registered
1,222 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
That looks awesome my friend !!!! .. I'm humbled by the words and the love man .. inspiration is amazing. You took the LBS lines and incorporated them well .. and you said it well when you said the look of the LBS is much more ergo than it seems... it evolved alot into what it is today :) that curve really does work nicely! :) thanks man !

Thanks Buddy! The LBS is a frame deserving of the love. A lot of us have our imaginations captured by the potential of a small pocketable frame and the LBS is the one that actually delivers big! It is much much more than just a board cut for sure!!! ...And the more you make the nicer they get! I'm looking forward to more LBS'...

·
Registered
4,722 Posts

Thanks Buddy! The LBS is a frame deserving of the love. A lot of us have our imaginations captured by the potential of a small pocketable frame and the LBS is the one that actually delivers big! It is much much more than just a board cut for sure!!! ...And the more you make the nicer they get! I'm looking forward to more LBS'...
:) much love and respect my friend

·
Premium Member
3,230 Posts
That is SOME skate dwck build, Urbanshooter.

I love the LBS... This is a clear derivative, but you did somwthing subtly different.

I also love the color you got with that one.

·
Registered
1,222 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
That is SOME skate dwck build, Urbanshooter.

I love the LBS... This is a clear derivative, but you did somwthing subtly different.

I also love the color you got with that one.
Good job on that one. Will definitely be a forever frame. Joey built me a skateboard chalice and it's the toughest frame I have.
Sweet frame!
That's an amazing frame
@Covert5, @Tag - Thanks guys!

@Ibojoe - Thanks Joe, I agree skateboard deck is awesome, light and strong and definitely forever frames... good thing the the LBS are so small - I can stash loads!

@MakoPat - Thanks Mako, I used the same recipe and "cooked" it same-same-but-different. Turns out cheap maple deck is alright! I wonder now if I might ever luck upon a quilted figure skateboard deck...

·
Registered
1,222 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Nice one man ! It's not an easy frame to duplicate is it the ones I did I could never get the forks right Joey just laugh at me and say hey that's the LBS I not even attempting the swell lol ! Looks good m8
VERY NICE, SIMPLE AND SWEET. PERFECT FOR THE BACK POCKET CARRY
@Grandpa Pete - Yes it is! The LBS is the perfect EDC with a optimal fork gap and tips that really does shoot rather accurately (even for me...)

@Port boy - Your builds are awesome and I especially like your take on that bottle opener LBS!

·
Registered
5,268 Posts
Thanks I love your builds as well and I am going to do the snap jaw turtle and pocket claw one of these days very cool templates got them cut out just need some time ! I liked doing the 3 Bolbs builds was fun made some people laugh and a little different bit of a spin on it I use mine all the time LBS baby

·
Premium Member
3,230 Posts
Hey Urbanshooter,

How much more deck you got left?

And what other small frames .ight you like to make?

1 - 20 of 21 Posts