Slingshots Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
3,720 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Here is what I came up with not bad but not what I want the end result to look like but they are getting better.

Attachments

·
Registered
475 Posts
I like some shape to my projectile, that is why I prefer hexnuts. The grip is unbelievable, and I believe they fly just as well as ball bearings. Besides the 1st sling bullets were shapped like footballs.

·
Premium Member
4,012 Posts
Those are coming right along Joe!

Won't be to long and you'll have a true anatomically correct skull... at least proportionally speaking..

Some time ago, I used to do quite a bit of carving and skulls were one of the things I kind of got hooked on for a while... learned quite a bit about the structure, proportions and so forth... and although I've never made lead skull ammo... it just seems to me that a really good starting point would be to get a single cavity aluminum Lee mold in the size you want the dome part of the skull to be, and then you could use a dremel to carve out the rest to the shape you're looking for...

OR, you could use a pre-existing skull in the size you want, made from just about any decent steel... and use that as the "cherry" on one of the Lee molds...

·
Neophyte
2,005 Posts
Spooky lol :)

1 - 11 of 11 Posts