Slingshots Forum banner
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

Registered
Absolutely! They鈥檙e gorgeous and I feel very honored, as I do with all the items I receive from forum brothers. They shoot like champs too! I was so inspired I went and re-raided the woodpile yesterday.
Darrel's natties are amazing. Every one is built to perfection. And YES, his work install the desire to collect sticks and carve something!

Registered
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
them baby鈥檚 throw a fair projectile dude .
Man, you鈥檙e not kidding there! A testament to the strength of that Natty. I pouched it up for 3/8 but I鈥檓 thinking it could probably hurl a 7/16 or 1/2鈥. Very special slingshots. I think Darrell must mix magic in with his BLO or something 馃槣.

Registered
Man, you鈥檙e not kidding there! A testament to the strength of that Natty. I pouched it up for 3/8 but I鈥檓 thinking it could probably hurl a 7/16 or 1/2鈥. Very special slingshots. I think Darrell must mix magic in with his BLO or something 馃槣.
the magick is in the turqouise he uses,stealth magick,lol

Registered
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
How do the rubber bands shoot?
Well, I鈥檓 sure others probably have more knowledge of how they compare to certain latexes, but from what I鈥檓 experiencing pretty dang good man. The 64鈥檚, just a single one cut in half with a pouch attached comes in right around an average draw length, and they seem pretty snappy although probably modern latex has them beat. But for plinking around, no problem at all. The 107鈥檚 on the other hand are pretty impressive. They have a fairly smooth draw to them, seem about a mm thick, and I can hurl a 1/2鈥 steel at ten yards with very little drop. 7/16 seems almost flat and 3/8 freaking flies!

I don鈥檛 notice much variation in windage although I鈥檓 sure there鈥檚 some. Tell you what though, if there鈥檚 ever a SHTF scenario and you can鈥檛 get 鈥減rofessional鈥 latex or exercise bands, I鈥檇 head straight to the office supply section!

It鈥檚 weird shooting half inch through Darrell鈥檚 sling that鈥檚 just about the size of my hand, but it holds up like the strongest thing in the world. I contacted him a while ago about buying a sling and he insisted on gifting me one. In the end I got two!

I have one more sling on the way, the hammer, and Tobor8man is going to give me the bits of his that he doesn鈥檛 use to make up the slingbow section. After that though, I think that鈥檚 it for slings for a while.

The spirit of giving has really seeped into my soul and I鈥檇 like to shoot what I already have because God knows, I鈥檝e got plenty, and work on making some natties and other things that I鈥檓 decent at making and start the process of returning some of the kindness I鈥檝e been shown on the forum by so many members. 鈥楾is the season anyway! This is a special community and I think we can spread the good wide and far with all the good men here. Maybe even into bigger projects, but one thing at a time there, like with everything else in life.

Anyway, haha, forgive the rant. I must be feeling the spirit today. Either that or I鈥檓 a bit touched. Probably a little of both! But I say as the world seems darker, that we shine brighter, and I believe I鈥檝e found the right group of folks that understand that sentiment.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts