Slingshots Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Mojave Mo
4,663 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited by Moderator)
This RHH frame that MakoPat and I collaborated on needed to become an LHH frame without the need for a long hospital stay or follow-up corrective surgeries.
Lucky for me it seems that when I laid out the pattern for the core (a bigger Dead Ringer) my inexperience seemed to result in a frame that actually fits better in my left hand!? I just needed to relocate the grip coin so everything lined up 'just right' in my hand.
I am happy to announce that the patient has survived and will live on as my Phat Dead Ringer LHH!
This just in.
a55f61c0646ce784ba4c0653e05d500d.jpg

For the sake of future conversations around this frame it has been noted to me that this frame would simply just like to be known going forward as 'Phat'.
42def3d8ce3b72abf699e6689a826279.jpg

a4374797a1ac214e56c852598e63282d.jpg

db165d0c5fca75ca9d4214c5d90af802.jpg

541c805d161f5e1b59d0bfa3833f436b.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Mojave Mo
4,663 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Inspired from the Simpleshot Dead Ringer. I really enjoyed that frame but wanted more meat on that bone! I did nab the actual and original alucore from Simpleshot so I could make myself one out of some exotic or extinct one day.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
957 Posts
That looks awesome! And you know that things never been in a break. Looks a lot like my mini shooter with more meat on the bones. I trimmed it down to fit my hand exactly and have just enough meat for my grip. Yours looks like a very solid shooter that would fit in my hand well.

Very nice, and good luck with switching hands.

Cheers

·
Registered
674 Posts
Mo -

Sling Dysphoria DSM 5 - 302.85) is an often misunderstood syndrome. Transitioning from RHH to LHH is a challenge. I still recall the challenges when I transitioned from human to cyborg. While my medical team took the best approach available at the time - it was crude by current standards and I continue to bear the scars to this day.

If Phat Dead Ringer LHH is interested, there is a support group on FaceBook. I can hook you both up.

·
Neophyte
1,965 Posts
Man a great guy and a sling surgeon, you are talented MO :)

·
Mojave Mo
4,663 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Thanks everyone! It goes without saying that I lucked out building the original upside-down! 🤡

1 - 16 of 16 Posts