Slingshots Forum banner
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
2,100 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Have done it - I converted an old rifle stock for the slingshot crossbow, and I also attached a scope.

I strengthened the barrel by adding to more "rails", as the 3 stripes of Thera Gold per side bent the single steel tube slightly upwards. Now everything is OK!

Used a training band to adjust the scope and to test the accuracy - 10 meters, it shoots hole in hole in hole.

It is really long for a crossbow, but I love it!

Will do a video tomorrow, already prepared the ballistic gelatin...

Regards, Jörg

·
"Southern Flip Style"
2,647 Posts
OOOOOoooohhhhhh my!!!!

·
Registered
691 Posts
It's the best from you so far in the powerhouse category! 3b ands per side and 87 cm draw lenght woww. I want one

·
Premium Member
102 Posts
Power and acuracy and no more fork hits !! Amazing, Joerg when do you have time to do these things ?? In your sleep ? LOL The " Godfather " of the slingshot world !!

·
Registered
2,100 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
No, it is from an Anschütz 54, according to the chap who sold the stock to me. Had to work on it much, it is hardly recognizable.

·
Registered
2,100 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Here is the video:

Unbelievable, the .63" (16 mm) lead ball went through the cat food can filled with water, then on through 40 cm of ballistic gelatine...

As a bonus, I also fired some other crossbows and the boncrushers through the gel.

Enjoy!

·
Brotherhood Of The Slingshot Nutz
2,153 Posts
Amazing Power !!! Great invention !

·
Premium Member
3,465 Posts
Wow! Having just watched your video, I am totally surprised at the outcome. When I made my own simple version, it seemed accurate and powerful, but not at the level of a crossbow. Your trombone gun is the business! I like the almost production-like build quality. It looks like something you'd go out and buy in a sporting-goods store, racked between a Custom Marlin 336 and a Daystate MK4. At the same time, it has a sort of post-apocalyptic charm.

I really must revisit my design. I think it can be made much more compact with compound rollers and a bullpup configuration. I like Jörg's idea about applying full tension just before the shot so as not to weaken the elastic. I think that if you use compound rollers then you can keep the pouch end locked and draw the other end backwards.

·
Registered
2,100 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
I think it can be made much more compact with compound rollers and a bullpup configuration.
Sure, a bullpup works. Pulleys work as well, but there is not much length you can save, maybe 10 cm (4"), You need a bit of play for safe loading. But where to put the rollers? They would have to be close to the lock. But they can't interfere with the cocking slide and also you need free access to the stock.

Pulleys also create chafing, shorter band life is the result.

But it is doable, you can reduce the total length to about 85 cm. Now it is more like 128 cm.

I am currently thinking in the line of a collapsible version, for the backpack.

·
Premium Member
605 Posts
[

Jorg
I have a 54 stock here I replaced it with a composite stock.
Jay

quote name='JoergS' date='21 June 2010 - 12:03 AM' timestamp='1277096592' post='12137']
I think it can be made much more compact with compound rollers and a bullpup configuration.
Sure, a bullpup works. Pulleys work as well, but there is not much length you can save, maybe 10 cm (4"), You need a bit of play for safe loading. But where to put the rollers? They would have to be close to the lock. But they can't interfere with the cocking slide and also you need free access to the stock.

Pulleys also create chafing, shorter band life is the result.

But it is doable, you can reduce the total length to about 85 cm. Now it is more like 128 cm.

I am currently thinking in the line of a collapsible version, for the backpack.
[/quote]

·
Registered
3,147 Posts
I love this X-bow, slingshot...whatever you want to call it

·
Registered
2,100 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Shot it yesterday. This is too much fun!

Distance is 14 meters, I leaned the "barrel" against the door frame. Shot 10 rounds first, then put another target (air rifle size) over the first one. So we have one target with 10 and one with 20 hits.

Ammo was 15 mm steel, and I used "hunterbands" (two Thera Gold per side, 3cm x 2cm x 18cm effective band size).

1 - 20 of 28 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.