Slingshots Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Banned
1,015 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was jist wondering if anyone has one or tried one of these anchent weapons. ive made severel over the years and lobed hundreds of stones but never really aiming at any thing jist trying for distance.

·
Registered
56 Posts
I have made a couple. i never really got good at it until i read about the roman way of using them (you just make one rotation around your head before release) i got to where i could hit a five gallon bucket at about 10 yards or so
i didnt think that was too bad.

·
Banned
913 Posts
I have made a couple. i never really got good at it until i read about the roman way of using them (you just make one rotation around your head before release) i got to where i could hit a five gallon bucket at about 10 yards or so
i didnt think that was too bad.
I am reasonably proficient in its use, but it took a long time and more patience. 3oz. lead egg sinkers are the best projectiles, absolutely deadly in performance, but it is difficult to retrieve your ammo. i suppose an oversize bullet trap could be built...

·
Banned
1,015 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I think hiting anything smaller than the broud side of a barn could be called a good shot and at 10 yards im enpressed.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts