Slingshots Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
3,147 Posts
Good to have you back the earliest info I could find on a slingbow was in a 1951 popular science I'm going to link you to the ad if it doesn't work I'll send you the info... there is a short discription and photo
http://books.google....epage&q&f=false

·
Registered
3,147 Posts
PS I just picked up one myself, I think it would be a great one to reproduce, the only draw back I can see is that it is designed to use tubes. While I have no problem with tubes they aren't overly popular with a lot of people.

·
Registered
3,147 Posts
I know that Tex Shooter has his rigged for flatbands by removing the pegs and turning them around, if you cast it all in one piece (which was how I assumed you would) that wouldn't be possible....
I don't know that it would be a problem with it being for tubes, after all it is a vintage fork and I think most would want it set up as designed, but there will be a few who don't want anything with tubes.

Here's the link to the thread. http://talk.slingshots.com/forums/showthread.php?p=11336&highlight=slingbow#post11336

·
Premium Member
1,626 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
we can slot the fork same as the killdeerand and use the collits from a victor 20 design to old the flat bands
we need info on how the original tubes were held in place?can enyone help drawing or pic would be good
thankyou from all at HOGAN CASTINGS UK

·
Tex-shooter
4,493 Posts
The Weber Slingbow does not lend its self to be a over the top shooter. I do have a hodge that is already modified as a over the top shooter. -- Tex

·
Registered
3,147 Posts
we can slot the fork same as the killdeerand and use the collits from a victor 20 design to old the flat bands
we need info on how the original tubes were held in place?can enyone help drawing or pic would be good
thankyou from all at HOGAN CASTINGS UK
I take it from your question that the one you got didn't come with the pegs and nuts that hold them in place let me see if I can come up with a picture

·
Registered
3,147 Posts
here's the nut side

·
Registered
3,147 Posts
here's the post that the tube slides on, sorry about the photo quality all I had was my cell

·
Registered
56 Posts
I would like to see two models. The original Slingbow is a big slingshot. How about making changes in the design? I bigger grip, narrow the fork spread. and use shorter forks. Modify the top of the forks to use the over the top method for flatbands and keep the removable attachment points for the tubes. I have two of the things in my desk drawer. I can send you one to look at if you are interested.

·
Registered
56 Posts
I would like to see two models. The original Slingbow is a big slingshot. How about making changes in the design? A bigger grip, narrow the fork spread. and use shorter forks. Modify the top of the forks to use the over the top method for flatbands and keep the removable attachment points for the tubes. I have two of the things in my desk drawer. I can send you one to look at if you are interested.

·
Premium Member
1,626 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Hi Trent
thankyou for the kind offer to lone us one! but we have just got one of ebay cost a small fortune?
i think we will do both repo original and modify for overtop and through the forks. In aluminium the forks will be strong to allow us to slot and also bild up for over the top shot a two in one type??? what you think

·
Registered
3,147 Posts
A straight repo would be great, I'm sure modifying it wouldn't be too hard doing a single slot version shouldn't be tricky, to do a over the top model I would guess all you would need to do is widen and flatten the tips of the forks, maybe like the tips on JoergS's cougar....I don't know how either would shot but there's only one way to find out..

Hope my pictures helped, I was just guessing you didn't get the pegs sorry if that wasn't the case

·
Premium Member
1,626 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Hi harpersgrace
Sorry The pic were fine we can see now how the tubes were held in position not be to hard
to make them just got to decide witch tubes to fit??
thanks for all your help
HOGANCASTINGS UK

·
Registered
56 Posts
Hi Trent
thankyou for the kind offer to lone us one! but we have just got one of ebay cost a small fortune?
i think we will do both repo original and modify for overtop and through the forks. In aluminium the forks will be strong to allow us to slot and also bild up for over the top shot a two in one type??? what you think
Sound as if that is a good plan.

·
Premium Member
3,465 Posts
Just a thought... Rather than reproducing classic designs which may still be owned by someone, or modify existing designs to favour modern bands, why not design a new classic cast metal slingshot, get one rapid prototyped and recast that?

·
Premium Member
1,626 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Hi ZDP-189
We have a new slingshot to our own design being model up? hope to take it in over the next week, and we will contiue with our own in house developments with the help of frends on the forum . We are also working very close with site vendors in development and no dout when thing are right they will let the forum know .With regards to the vintage market it down to the
individule them selfs if they like what we make then they will bye , The general consensus from the forum is its not a bad idear
to rework the old time favourites so that ever one has a chance to shot one?.With regards to copeying slingshots of people who are still with us? we would allway try to get the permission from the individuals/companys to whom it concerns.If any one would like to work with us on the development of new slingshots or catapults our door is allway open to talk?.We will of cores all ways try to acknowledge
the company or individules for ther part in our companys success.

·
Registered
3,147 Posts
Just a thought... Rather than reproducing classic designs which may still be owned by someone, or modify existing designs to favour modern bands, why not design a new classic cast metal slingshot, get one rapid prototyped and recast that?
Because if you want a vintage style slingshot, they really aren't that easy to find, you are at the mercy of on line auctions like Ebay, and the luck of the draw. Plus you are never sure that what you get is in shootable condition and even if it is are you someone who is willing to risk shooting a 50-60 year old slingshot and damaging it? I think Pete is doing a great service by trying to make these classics available to everyday shooters not just collectors, because the truth is that despite all the advancements made in the last how many years they still shoot great.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts