Slingshots Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
205 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey everyone. I've been lurking around lately but wasn't going to think about making an account until after making my first slingshot but after last night figured the community would appreciate a quick story until then. My Torque should be here Monday with some extra 1842 tubes as well which I decided upon after a lot of searching and scrolling here. I've been shooting, tinkering with, and tuning a lot of fairly powerful air rifles and air pistols for about ten years now. I shoot my rifles, shotguns and pistols occasionally and have a couple compound bows but never really got serious about being able to attain slingshot accuracy until a few years ago and then again recently.

Anyway, I grabbed a Barnett Cobra just for fun while passing through the sporting goods area a few weeks ago which prompted me to get some of those tapered Marksman bands off the shelf for my old tubeless Marksman wrist rocket. My 3yo daughter saw me shooting a pillow on the couch from the kitchen and wanted to try so I grabbed those worthless plastic balls the Cobra comes with and showed her how to hold the Marksman and put the ball in the pouch and let her take it. Took her a few tries to get it to go anywhere and she soon lost interest but last night she saw them sitting on the computer desk and asked to try again, from the same distance with me guiding her arm and helping add a little pinch strength she tagged the 18"x18" pillow two out of three times before wanting to move closer and asked to shoot an orange. She asked to do everything herself so she set it down, put the ball in the pouch and pinched it, slid her arm back through and grabbed the handle and let one rip (kinda) towards the orange a few times and found interest elsewhere right after but it was all enough to leave me one happy dad.

So long story short, I've been trying to pass the music, tinkering, and shooting bug to her and her sister and it looks like at least one has taken so far. Thanks for, and thanks in advance for all the knowledge.

·
Registered
5,724 Posts
Welcome! For the young lady, you can find vegetable peelers at most Dollar stores in bright colors. This and some rubber bands make great peashooters. Start early with lanyards and some eye protection.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts