Slingshots Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Mojave Mo
5,156 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Not from 'the' Left! I mean LH! I am RH, but this cool little MattW designed, H.E. Norseman made, and M.Mo palm swell mod that he glued for the 'wrong' palm which makes this a rather unique sling collaboration born here from The Forum!

And it works! On the shots 6,7,8,9, and10 I was ringing the posts to the left of my rangethe using 9.5mm steel on single 2040's that I will collect later today.

I practice doing a few things with my opposite hand so I wasn't totally floored that I can shoot LH. It was a helpful surprise to see my shooting hand reflecting in my drive-side mirror. I don't have an LH 'feel' in my hand or wrist so seeing my hand from the side helped me line up. I am more than happy that this sling is a good sling! I am putting together a RH version of this same sling right now. If it goes well I will be putting this LH up for adoption to a good LH home!

The State Park is opened but not funded so that means I can roll through the area without adjustments to my route. I am a good American and will not take advantage of this situation, so I am going to move on after 10 rounds.

Peace!

Mojave Mo

0d7da479a0b62f40c37530113d89e562.jpg
71764bc23a59c1ca95c0a4c1bebb3d64.jpg
a7077ea3d89dfd44cd3f6eb0bcd7c1c3.jpg

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
3,288 Posts
Hahaha... Mo, you are top shelf mischievous! I love that about you.

Also I had not heard from the Norseman in a bit. Good to see his work and collaborating with you and MattW.

Oh the fun you'll have.
PS- I have moved on to Roma Tabs as well. (Gypsy is not the preferred nomenclature, Dude.)

·
Mojave Mo
5,156 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hahaha... Mo, you are top shelf mischievous! I love that about you.

Also I had not heard from the Norseman in a bit. Good to see his work and collaborating with you and MattW.

Oh the fun you'll have.
PS- I have moved on to Roma Tabs as well. (Gypsy is not the preferred nomenclature, Dude.)
Roma Tabs! Thanks man, that would have been embarrassing to make that mistake again!

·
Mojave Mo
5,156 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
A Scorpion without a tail, is what that looks like. Seems well balanced with the Pinkie cord though. Just wondering how many shots before the hand tires (guess that would be an individual thing)
Woodbark. I have yet to perform a proper tune-up on this sling. The 7.5" active single bands were sort of lobbing the 9.5mm but I could track them okay. The forks being so low really nullified the feeling of the sling popping out of my hand.

·
Registered
173 Posts
A Scorpion without a tail, is what that looks like. Seems well balanced with the Pinkie cord though. Just wondering how many shots before the hand tires (guess that would be an individual thing)
Woodbark. I have yet to perform a proper tune-up on this sling. The 7.5" active single bands were sort of lobbing the 9.5mm but I could track them okay. The forks being so low really nullified the feeling of the sling popping out of my hand.

It certainly is an interesting piece. ... . I do have a Scorpion that I custom made to my own fit and has become one of my favorites, a real delight to shoot, so I'm not sure why I would want one of these.

Just out of curiosity, I think I'll add this little guy to my Spring "To Do" list and see how that goes.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts