Slingshots Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
745 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I knew these two were close to ready, had no idea when they were shipping but I received the package after work today. In the video Dan mentions these make three but these actually make four as I bought an Abalone scaled one from a forum member. It was that purchase that put me on the quest for more of the Stealth Shot Slingshots. These are awesome shooters in their own right. They look great, feel great in the hand and combined with the Ocularis band attachment system there is almost zero time required to dial one in if you shoot an Axiom or a Scout on a regular basis. Soon there will be a full custom Axiom to join them but for now I am enjoying shooting them while I try to decide what color I want Stealth Shot number 5 in.
It's been a fun week. Thank You Dan!!

WARNING: Picture Heavy

Both.jpg

Gray 1.jpg

Gray Side 1.jpg

Gray Side 2.jpg

Gray Target Side.jpg

Green Shooter Side.jpg

Green Side 1.jpg

Green Target Side.jpg

Attachments

·
Registered
745 Posts
I don't want to overload the forum with pictures but here are Dan's videos on the other two I have. The endangered Orange Tigger Ocularis Species and the Abalone Stealth Shot.
Dan has probably whipped out so many since he may not remember the Abaolne Stealth Shot that got me into these. These two make four total. There WILL be a 5th and if I can dream up another color pattern I want I expect I'll get an even six pack.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jLilfeht2N4

Dan, if you remember making the Abalone Stealth shot for whoever the original owner was it has a loving home now and gets a lot of shooting. It was as perfect as new when I bought it from a forum member. This is the one that made me want more.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KZbl91jvrGE

·
Registered
745 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
For anyone interested in the weight, I expect some slight variation in weight between all of them but I did weigh the orange and black one banded. It comes in at 239 grams. This may sound a bit heavy but since the weight is so well distributed, it does not feel heavy. Dan offers this model with a 3/8" core although I wanted a 1/2" core. If you buy one and want a slightly thinner and lighter one you may well want to consider a 3/8" core.

Reactions: bigdh2000

·
Registered
745 Posts
Those are so cool...
Thank you and I DO appreciate the lanyard. My Martin Whippet Scout does not have a lanyard hole but that is on me as I did not specifically ask for one. I'm not going to give it one as I feel it wrong to tamper with Martin's work and it also has a very secure hold as is. I did however remember to specifically ask for a lanyard hole on the aluminum core custom Axiom Ocularis under construction now so it will have an aluminum lined lanyard hole. I expect the lanyard hole in the custom Axiom may take away a bit from the looks but I also expect it to be worth it as a shooter.

·
Registered
745 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Dang Dan!! Awesome job congratulations FS
Thank you on the congratulations and of course all build credit goes to Dan. I do like them very much.

·
Super Moderator
1,079 Posts
Glad they arrived safely and joined a family at a good home. I do remember the Abalone scaled one and who first acquired that one. It was the only one ever made with that material. Enjoy them all.

Thanks for the praise all.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts