Slingshots Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1,396 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everybody,

Having a few of the Chinese slingshots with all the bells & whistles (flat band attachment clamps, fiber optic sights), I came across a wonderfully back-to-basics 304 stainless steel-made (it's slightly magnetic) slingshot frame sold by "Mr. Yang outdoor supplies store" (a reliable seller based on various previous purchases I made there) - here the direct link:

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/1PC-New-Powerful-Stainless-Steel-Slingshot-Camouflage-Sling-Shot-Bow-Catapult-Outdoor-Hunting-Slingshot-Hunt-Tool/32879661256.html?spm=a2g0s.9042311.0.0.1d6a4c4dalgMsn

It is currently selling under USD 15, which is what I paid for mine. Good value for money in my opinion.

What caught my attention is its original design, one that I believe to have seen elsewhere already at some stage, but never in stainless steel. Some dimensions:

Frame length: 11 cm (4.3 inches)

Total width: 8 cm (3.1 inches)

Fork width: 45 mm (1.77 inches)

Prong width: 18 mm (two flat band attachment options)

Frame thickness: 10 mm (0.39 inches)

This slingshot frame feels quite ergonomic when held in pinch-grip mode, with the middle fingers and the "pinkie" across the straighter outer edge, and wrapped around the inner curved section of the grip. The online product description shows the slingshot being held the other way around, which seems incorrect to me (do correct me if I am wrong).

The slingshot came together with 2 ready sets of flat bands with microfiber pouches, 50 steel BB's (6 mm), 50 mud balls (8 mm), and some wrapping tape which I guess is intended for the grip section: I prefer it as it is.

I'm quite pleased with my purchase. Let me know what you think...

Attachments

·
Missing Barns and Telling Yarns
985 Posts
That's a beautiful looking frame. Nothing wrong with bells and whistles, but sometimes the simplest things are the most attractive.

·
Registered
427 Posts
Good review. Thanks for that. I think I would hold it the way you do. Pretty cool it works the other way too though. I know a few people who like to hold various slings upside down.

·
Registered
427 Posts
I couldn't help myself. Made one out of HDPE. It is odd that it kind of fits in the hand either way.
Nice job on the copy. Did you do that with a CNC router?

Reactions: Tag

·
Registered
2,424 Posts
I have a similar one, and its very comfy. I like it for 3/4 butterfly mostly, because I dont likr shooting fixed anchor with narrow forks.

·
Registered
612 Posts
Glad it works for ya, I tried an identical one and it was super uncomfortable to me, felt like it would snap back at my face even with a lanyard on. Impressive quality though, really nicely finished.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts