Slingshots Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Missing Barns and Telling Yarns
955 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The Devil's Son in Law messaged me a week or two ago asking if I would be interested in a couple natty frames after I expressed some admiration of his work on another post. Of course I said, "Yes!" I was under the impression he had a couple cut and dried that he could send my way. I've always loved natty frames and wanted some to shoot. I'm not much of a woodworker but I was prepared to submit the poor lumber to my raps and saws. My only hope was not to insult the trees from whence they came, and produce something shootable.

Imagine my surprise when I opened a package yesterday to find two fully formed frames resplendent in all their natural beauty! I've included pictures, but it doesn't really do justice to them. The lighter one is maple with a butt made of sumac. The grain on the sumac is insane looking! The other is Oak and the butt is made of yellowheart and mahogany. Both are polished to a fine finish, and fit in the hand perfectly. Not content to bless my home with such excellent work, DSL also included a few paracord wrist attachments and small forceps for tying bands (not pictured).

I am beyond excited about these frames and can't wait to band them up and take them for a test drive! He's also inspired me to go hunting in my own area for some usable forks and see what I can't come up with. I am humbled by the generosity of people on this forum and the overall spirit that permeates this sport! Happy slinging my friends!

Attachments

·
Premium Member
3,228 Posts
I say that DSL is a fine maker and a real fine gentleman.

You're gonna love those natties.

Noth quite like a tree fork.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts