Slingshots Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,071 Posts
I am the lucky winner of Mako Pat's anniversary give-away. His surprise package arrived soon after I received word of a very tragic death in my family. Mako Pat and I exchanged a bunch of PM's regarding the tragedy and an appropriate time to open the surprise package. Mako Pat was very supportive and we had a memorable conversation regarding loss, spiritual beliefs, and faith. Thank you Mako Pat for your understanding and support.

Sufficient time has passed (although I doubt that I will ever get over the loss) and all family members agreed that the deceased would want us to enjoy life in her memory.

I opened Mako Pat's surprise package today and was speechless (despite the length of this post). It was packed full w/ all manner of surprises, and far, far, far more than anything I had ever imagined. So, let's open it up and enjoy Mako Pat's incredible generosity.

Here is the surprise package when first opened:

Shipping box Packing materials Yellow Wood Package delivery

Two hand-made slingshots. Both OTT, both w/ Romany tabs and brass fittings. Both are beautifully finished with brass pins. The small one has a metal core and was banded with 1842 tubes and a Warrior pouch. It has a simple lanyard. The larger one has a palm swell and is about 85% of a full-size slingshot. It is banded with TB Gold and a very supple leather pouch. It also also a very nice knot-work with magnets.

Tire Wheel Automotive tire Bicycle Bicycle tire

I shot the larger one today w/ 3/8 steel shot. This is a fast and accurate slingshot that is a lot of fun to shoot. I am used to much bigger frames with either wrist braces or wrist lanyards. However, between the palm swell and the sculpted forks, I am able to get a stable grip, with no need for a lanyard. I had a lot of fun tearing up a paper target and forced myself to stop so I could post this thread. This slingshot is a shooter!

As you can see, the surprise box was filled with all sorts of stuff, in no particular order, a carpenter's apron, a camo bandana, a hunting pouch, candy (obviously for when I shoot paintballs w/ my budding sling shooters), a fire steel, a head lamp, cordage, practice ammo, steel shot, lead sinkers, ping png balls to use as targets, the cards the Mako Pat used for the drawing, a camping cup, a fine-toothed folding saw (perfect for cutting forks), a slingshot patch, 5 smooth stones in a tin, an official Blue Raja fork, a very cool magnet on an extending wand, a flipper target on a lanyard, a magnet on a lanyard, some bee's wax wrapped in wax paper, and an extra lanyard. The biggest surprise is a brand new No. 6 Opinel w/ olive wood handles. I carried the same Opinel for 40 years, until I gave it to my daughter-in-law for a camping trip. I missed it from time to time, but I was pleased to pass it along to her. I feel like my old knife has returned. Mako Pat took the time to string a lanyard on it w/ a very cool knot.

There is so much stuff here, it is difficult to describe it all. Let me know if you have questions about any particular items.

Food Cuisine Junk food Plastic Convenience food

Mako Pat is an incredible craftsman with attention to fine detail. He lanyards are very well crafted. His slingshots are superior.

Mako Pat is more than generous, not only with the contents of his surprise box, but with his time when I was observing spiritual practices after a tragic death in our family.

I realize how blessed I am to have Mako Pat as my slingshot brother.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,071 Posts
Talking about a package! Nice frames and goodies. Good on you Pat!!!
Congratulations Blue!!
Mako Pat really pulled out the stops. I was expecting a slingshot and maybe a pack of bubble gum. Every square inch was filled with something. Two slingshots, all sorts of ammo, a brand new Opinel Olive No. 6 knife, a brand new folding saw, a carpenter's apron, a camo bandana, a fire steel, a headlamp, candy, cordage, lanyards, magnets, a camping cup. Some personal things including an official Blue Raja fork and 5 smooth stones. There was stuff inside of stuff. I am going to have build an annex to my workbench to organize it all.

Mako Pat rocks!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts