Slingshots Forum banner
21 - 27 of 27 Posts

Missing Barns and Telling Yarns
Discussion Starter · #21 ·
My day is made brighter and better by your kind words.

I feel a keen sense of accomplishment when someone like to shoot what I made.

Thanks to a for the kindness and to inspire paying forward is hiney in my coffee.

That pfs is among the first I tinkered. Worm attachment before I knew how to do it better.

Rich Neeman sent me a teak gapper that is a prime example. That helped, but I feelnit is important to pass on the piece with glitches and blemishes...the real character of the flip and maker.

Ans Kawkan has instilled in me a love for 1632 and 1636 with 5/16" steel.

Mikey, I believe us Gapper guys and gals and other lightweight shooters should proselytize as many as possible. Hahaha...
Exactly! We've got to spread the word (plus I've only spent $8 on ammo in the last 6 months). I'll make sure to give them both a proper workout on a regular basis. I'm curious how you liked to hold the bigger one. So far the most comfortable grip for me is hammer with two fingers in the loop and the palm swell in my fist. Did you have an intended grip?

Reactions: MakoPat

Premium Member

Thanks to a for the kindness and to inspire paying forward is honey( hahahah...hiney) in my coffee.
That pfs is among the first I tinkered. Worm attachment before I knew how to do it better.
Rich Newman sent me a teak gapper that is a prime example. That helped, but I feelnit is important to pass on the piece with glitches and blemishes...the real character of the flip and maker.
Mikey, I believe us Gapper guys and gals and other lightweight shooters should proselytize as many as possible. Hahaha...
Exactly! We've got to spread the word (plus I've only spent $8 on ammo in the last 6 months). I'll make sure to give them both a proper workout on a regular basis. I'm curious how you liked to hold the bigger one. So far the most comfortable grip for me is hammer with two fingers in the loop and the palm swell in my fist. Did you have an intended grip?
Yeah, that is pretty much it. I will try take a pic. But there is no exact way because it is a hybrid frame for a hybrid grip. Hammer grip is strongest and likey used it if one has grip strenth issues, which I do. But it is not the easiest for me to make micro adjustments.

Part hammer and part brace and part pinch grip. Mostly hammer and pinch for me. I use middle finger around the waist and a Y shape with index & thumb to create torque...like Wally Jay's Small Circle Jujitsu or snapping a fast ball.

The first 3 pics are my grip preference.

Remaining pics are grips I have witnessed other use. I placed them in sets of 2- sideview and rear view.

Attachments

Premium Member
Thanks to a for the kindness and to inspire paying forward is hiney in my coffee.
Rich Neeman sent me a teak gapper that is a prime example. That helped, but I feelnit is important to pass on the piece with glitches and blemishes...the real character of the flip and maker.
Don't know about you other guys, but I don't need anybody's hiney in my coffee. :puke:
Hahaha...good catch, SJAaz. That is classic me. But some folks may want hiney coffee. I ain't all judgy. hahaha...

But I do wonder why uio are so close together!! Curse you, touch screens and lack of proofreading!!!

Missing Barns and Telling Yarns
Discussion Starter · #26 ·
Thanks for the pics! I'll keep playing with it till I find just the right grip. And I really like the brass post attachments. I'm going to create a couple different band sets for different ammo. I can throw them in a plastic bag with the single frame and be able to switch them out as needed with very little fuss.

21 - 27 of 27 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.