Slingshots Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
745 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My new OTT only "Scoutish" style frame from Martin arrived in today's mail. For some reason the green color in the pictures in the palm swells look much lighter than they actually are. The green in the palm swells is very close in color to the toxic green layers in the frame and both are fluorescent. Other than the palm swell material it is mostly G-10 and per my request is made for OTT only. I simply gave my choice of colors in no particular pattern and asked for it to be very similar to a Scout in general style and dimensions leaving all the details on how to get to that to Martin. I must say I am impressed. I bought this as a shooter and that is what it will be. I expect it will shoot as well as any Scout of Axiom I own and with the wide and deep fork opening, I stand very little chance of fork smacking it. I'll be banding it up a bit later with some toxic green .8mm 12mm X 20mm bands and a coal black pouch. There will be several hundred 3/8" steel balls shot from it this weekend. Nothing like getting a new toy after work on a Friday :)
clear.png
I guess not everyone can appreciate the OTT only aspect of it but it's hard not to appreciate it's appearance.
I am very happy with it.

Scout 1.jpg

Scout 2.jpg

Scout 3.jpg

Scout 4.jpg

Scout 5.jpg

Attachments

·
Registered
745 Posts
You can't beat the axiom design and that's a beauty right there!! Man he does nice work. Lucky you! Congratulations
This one is a Scout in general dimensions but other than a bigger shooting gap they are very close to the same in outer fork width. Actually if I had to pick a favorite design it is the Axiom and there is custom Axiom Ocularis in the works now. I have no idea when it will be finished but it is being made here in the US by a maker with outstanding talents as a builder. I am looking forward to getting my paws on it. Unlike this one the Axiom will have at least one stainless and black Mosaic pin and a lanyard hole. This one has no lanyard hole because I failed to request one. That's on me. I am all but positive it won't be getting a lanyard hole either. It may be an unforgivable sin to alter Martin's work in any way :) It actually feels very secure without one so it's really not needed.

I have an early slightly reduced size Mule he made about 5 years ago for someone else. By a lucky stroke of fate it ended up in my hands. It is also toxic green and black and was made as a dedicated tube shooter. I wanted to use it for flats. Not being willing to alter the slingshot I am using some really nice looking stainless Chicago binding screws with a combination of neoprene and nylon washers to accomplish that. It obviously looks better without them but it looks as good as possible with them installed. More importantly to me I can take them off any time I want and the slingshot remains exactly as it was originally made.

·
Premium Member
3,228 Posts
Five,

That is so beautiful and all the good words I know will not cover it.

Next year I hopento recieve a frame of that quality from across the big waters. But til then I will just download these pics. Hahaha
I am leaning hard toward an Ian Currie pfs.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts