Slingshots Forum banner
  • Enter Our Dog Days of Summer BBQ Giveaway Now!  ENDING SOON

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm so stoked finally receiving this package after 1 month ++ wait which is understandable for international shipping (from the States to Indonesia) during this pandemic.
I ordered the G10 HTS medium size and it's the definitely worth the wait.
It's a lot smaller and thinner compared to the polycarbonate version HTS and the G10 ballistic material is an awesome material, It feels 'organic' with a nice heft to it.
It's not cheap but for what it is it's certainly a very good value considering the material and the process it took to be made .
This G10 HTS is actually my 15th frame that I purchased from Pocket Predator and Bill Hays certainly did a good job with it.
My only wish is that I wish the slinghsot has more uniform coloring but I guess it comes with the territory of G10 material to have pronounced layering effect sometimes.
So yeah I'm really happy finally to have one added to my collection.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
11,876 Posts
I’ve read somewhere they make an actual G10 polish, but they say it was expensive. The article also says it makes the G10 slick. I’m going to take a look at some of my G10 slingshots to see if the sweat and grime change the appearance of G10. Thanks for sharing

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I've read somewhere they make an actual G10 polish, but they say it was expensive. The article also says it makes the G10 slick. I'm going to take a look at some of my G10 slingshots to see if the sweat and grime change the appearance of G10. Thanks for sharing
Hi Tag, I definitely prefer the textured finish on this slingshot rather than having a slick glossy surface.
G10 is pretty stable imho, I have a 4 years old jungle knife with G10 handle that I take everywhere (I run a jungle flyfishing camp in Borneo) and it seems to hold up fine so far.

·
Registered
249 Posts
I'd really like to hear your thoughts about what you do and don't like about it vs other Pocket Predator designs. Is the HTS more of a pinch grip frame or hammer or hammer/pinch? Everything I've read says they tend to be really accurate. Thanks and congrats!

Charles

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
I'd really like to hear your thoughts about what you do and don't like about it vs other Pocket Predator designs. Is the HTS more of a pinch grip frame or hammer or hammer/pinch? Everything I've read says they tend to be really accurate. Thanks and congrats!
Charles
Well it really depends on your hand size, imho if you have large hands you might better off with the polycarbonate version.
Admittedly I picked the Medium size for the G10 version and while it states medium size frame is about 3/4 thick, it is 3/4 thick at its thickest, not uniformly throughout the frame, around the fork is actually less than 1/2 inch thick (about 1cm) so the G10 wins big time in compactness and pocketability compared to the polycarbonate version but there's also some trade-off: the G10 medium being much thinner doesn't have that comfy palm web support like the much larger Poly version but on the flip side the G10 doesn't spread my hands as much as the Poly which can be tiring if you use it for long period of shooting, mind you I have a rather average hand size, about 10 inches when I stretch my thumb and pinky fingers so YMMV depending on your hand size.
So to cut it short: I love this frame and especially the Ballistic G10 material, just really nice, I might get the G10 Ranger next time.
Cheers, Fajar.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
G10 is nice and got some heft to it, now you just need some pro clips and it'll be spot on.
Awesome! Money well spent! Happy sling'n!
Oh Man you are gonna love it!
Nice haul.
Thanks all, oh yes definitely loving this new frame, I'm just struck of how really nice is this solid chunk of Ballistic G10 feels in hands.
I would have gone for the pro clips but PP has been out of stock for quite sometimes for the clip accessories.
It's different handling than the regular poly HTS as it is significantly more compact.
Cheers! Fajar

·
Registered
935 Posts
I've read somewhere they make an actual G10 polish, but they say it was expensive. The article also says it makes the G10 slick. I'm going to take a look at some of my G10 slingshots to see if the sweat and grime change the appearance of G10. Thanks for sharing
Tag, I would like to see the results of your G10 experiment.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.