Slingshots Forum banner
  • Enter Our Dog Days of Summer BBQ Giveaway Now!  ENDING SOON

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
5,063 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Greetings SlingshotForum friends!!

If there's one thing we prize the most in our hobby as slingshot makers is CHARACTER and INDIVIDUALITY in the works we make. And these two frames have it!!!

Just recently arrived at my doorstep, and they're already wreaking havoc among aluminium cans and assorted targets!! I must say that these two BEAUTIFUL works of art by our fellow friend and member SLING-N-SHOT are very, very functional, as you will see on my simple video.

Besides, the craftsmanship on these two is great!! They have a very glossy finish, which render them very moisture resistant. The handle is embellished with SLING-N-SHOT maker's mark, the Zuni Zia sun symbol, from the ancient New Mexican Zuni people. Quite fitting, being Portugal one of the most sunny countries in South Europe.

I'm really very HAPPY with this trade, not only with having received these two excellent natural frames, but also with the fact of having the fortune of meeting this great gentleman, Mr. Darrell Allen, which was of great cordiality during this whole process.

I just hope you're having fun with my work as I'm having with your two slingshots, my friend!!!

Best regards...Q

Food Ingredient Wood Cuisine Dish
Wood People in nature Trunk Natural material Human leg
Wood Plant Fawn Trunk Grass
Saw Human body Wood Glove Chainsaw
Eye Human body Wood Gesture Automotive tire
Natural material Wood Organism Grass Trunk

Attachments

·
Registered
5,063 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
2 beautiful pieces from a stand up guy! And what he got from you was also second to none Q! Great trade all around guys.
Thanks for your feedback, my friend!!

One thing that surprised me was the functionality of these two frames right out of the box.

First couple of shots were dead on target

SLING-N-SHOT sure knows his trade :)

Cheers ...Q

Awesome goodness! Love those bark-on naturals. Both are quite amazing looking. Great work Darrell, and good to see them in action. Great video!
Thanks for watching, my friend!!!

Darell sure is a special guy!! One of our most distinguished members and slingshot fanatic!!!

Love these two natties!!!

Cheers ...Q

·
Registered
5,063 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Indeed, my friend. Indeed!!

I believe trades are one of the most interesting features of our hobby

Hope you're fine, Treefork!!

Cheers ...Q

Great trade! Great natties! Great guys! Great video! Great shooting!
Many thanks for your enthusiastic reply :D

I'm glad you've liked it!!

Best regards ...Q

·
Registered
5,063 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Great swap, Gents!
Thanks for your reply, Devils SIL!!!!

Glad you've appreciated!!

Cheers ...Q

Function and beauty in the hands of a very good shooter! Love your videos, some of that stuff looks like it was built very early.
Thank you so much, my friend!!

You're most kind :)

In that area there's buildings from the 17th century. Actually, I haven't checked on that house yet. There must be a source somewhere about its foundation. Judging by the type of building materials and the very old trees around it, I estimate that it might be from the 19th century or even older.

Cheers ...Q

Glad you finally got the frames Q, and pleases me your happy with them......great shooting and beautiful countryside.

Awesome trade my friend.[mention]Quercusuber [/mention]

Thanks for all the great comments guys.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
My dear friend!!!

What can I say???

THANK YOU, THANK YOU and THANK YOU!!!!

BRILLIANT shooters. I had a lot of fun with them yesterday!!

And it seems that the Sun god was with me all day long. Not a coincidence ;)

I hope you have fun with my humble frame too. Give me your feedback on it.

I hope you're in shape, dear sir!!!

Warmest regards ...Q

·
Prince of Paraprosdokians and Epistemophilia
2,747 Posts
Agreed, that Sling-N-Shot (Darrell) creates outstanding masterpieces in wood (and grass, as in Bamboo).

As for my trade with him (a "Southern gentleman"), I received not a slingshot, but an awesome native American flute, of Bamboo, in the key of F#.

I have several end-blown flutes, including about 14 Irish whistles/pennywhistles/tinwhistles, a Peruvian "Quena", and a Cedar native American flute, but Darrell's tops them all.

It has been a pleasure getting to know this man, whom I consider a dear friend.

Please see the images I've attached.

In one of the images is a flute rack I made to display, from top to bottom, the Bamboo flute which Darrell made, a Cedar flute in the key of "A minor" (my first native American flute, which I bought to learn upon, in preparation to the arrival of Darrell's flute), and the Peruvian "Quena" - key of "D".

Sorry, but you won't be able to enjoy the photos as much as I enjoy playng this flute.

THWACK!

Sword Wood Metal Shelf Sports equipment
Textile Wood Thigh Tints and shades Wing
Space Art Machine Wood Font
Wood Rectangle Font Material property Tints and shades
Font Wood Metal Everyday carry Electric blue
Baseball bat Wood Material property Baseball Font
Wood Drink Tints and shades Art Terrestrial plant
Wood World Rectangle Water Trunk
Wood Font Writing implement Pattern Office supplies
Insect Wood Arthropod Wing Safety glove

Attachments

·
SLING-N-SHOT
5,483 Posts
Agreed, that Sling-N-Shot (Darrell) creates outstanding masterpieces in wood (and grass, as in Bamboo).

As for my trade with him (a "Southern gentleman"), I received not a slingshot, but an awesome native American flute, of Bamboo, in the key of F#.

I have several end-blown flutes, including about 14 Irish whistles/pennywhistles/tinwhistles, a Peruvian "Quena", and a Cedar native American flute, but Darrell's tops them all.

It has been a pleasure getting to know this man, whom I consider a dear friend.

Please see the images I've attached.

In one of the images is a flute rack I made to display, from top to bottom, the Bamboo flute which Darrell made, a Cedar flute in the key of "A minor" (my first native American flute, which I bought to learn upon, in preparation to the arrival of Darrell's flute), and the Peruvian "Quena" - key of "D".

Sorry, but you won't be able to enjoy the photos as much as I enjoy playng this flute.

THWACK!
attachicon.gif
IMG_05301.JPG
attachicon.gif
IMG_03931.JPG
attachicon.gif
IMG_03941.JPG
attachicon.gif
IMG_04011.JPG
attachicon.gif
IMG_04031.JPG
attachicon.gif
IMG_04061.JPG
attachicon.gif
IMG_04421.JPG
attachicon.gif
IMG_04001.JPG
attachicon.gif
IMG_05251.JPG
attachicon.gif
IMG_05281.JPG
Thanks for the write up, the post, and the wonderful compliments......so glad you like the flute, and you even snuck in a couple of MO's bear themed Boo flute....which his daughter promptly stole from him, lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.