1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
591 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

·
Premium Member
1,750 Posts
https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Durable-Leather-Waist-Bag-Pouch-Catapult-Slingshot-Steel-Balls-Case-Ammo-Game-UK/233034490200?hash=item3641f02158:g:sUUAAOSwsaZa3-0B

Looks like a magnet to stop all the steel balls from falling out?

I also read in an old thread that a Tic Tac container can be used for 6mm ammo.

Comments and suggestions welcome.

I don't want a "tube" type, they are boring to load.

Mike
I have one like that and very good for 8mm and above.

For smaller ammo, pockets and a magnetic ring is my preference. Sometimes I do use a lanyard with a magnet, but the bulk of smaller ammo is still in my pocket.

·
Registered
591 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Durable-Leather-Waist-Bag-Pouch-Catapult-Slingshot-Steel-Balls-Case-Ammo-Game-UK/233034490200?hash=item3641f02158:g:sUUAAOSwsaZa3-0B

Looks like a magnet to stop all the steel balls from falling out?

I also read in an old thread that a Tic Tac container can be used for 6mm ammo.

Comments and suggestions welcome.

I don't want a "tube" type, they are boring to load.

Mike
I have one like that and very good for 8mm and above.

For smaller ammo, pockets and a magnetic ring is my preference. Sometimes I do use a lanyard with a magnet, but the bulk of smaller ammo is still in my pocket.
Thanks, very helpful, 6mm may be a bit small for this kind of handling.

Mike

·
Registered
1,013 Posts
Mostly i use Crossman pellet pouches. They have belt straps and a Velcro closing setup. I slide several on my belt at a time. I have one filled with .177 bb"s for my PFS's and two with marbles for my gapper. Got them from Amazon i think.

Ive had them for so long i dont remember what i paid but it was cheap i remember. Id never forget the cheap part my ancestors were Scottish.

·
Premium Member
1,369 Posts
Pouches have been my thing for quite a long time now. I have purchased and made many different styles and kinds over the years. The end result is that I have "strong" opinions about them.

I like the trapdoor with the magnet but I am not partial to hard sided pouches. The problem with hard sided pouches is that they are noisy. Manipulating a hard sided pouch causes the balls to roll around and the hard sides to act almost like an amplifier. They are fine for playing around but the noise they make makes them unsuitable for hunting - and hunting (whether I actually am hunting or not) is what all of my slingshot shooting is about.

Soft leather pouches, with or without a magnetic dispensing system are pretty much silent and can be used equally well at the range or afieldwithout fear of startling game.

·
Tex-shooter
4,493 Posts
I have used a Nail Apron all of my shooting life! Here is a old photo with me wearing one at a meet. I can not hardly look at some of these old photos with out getting emotional! Water Smile Jeans Trousers Plant

Attachments

·
Premium Member
4,031 Posts
It all depends on what you want your ammo pouch to do...

If you want one to hold your slingshot and ammo, and maybe a little more... then you need a pouch like first pic below.

If you want one for only holding ammo that you can grab and attach to your belt, pocket edge or belt loop super fast and won't dump the ammo when you bend over... the second pic is just as good if not better than my old "Magno-Grip" nail bag/pouch that's yet to wear out after heavy use for at least 8 years now.

Available at: http://www.pocketpredator.com/more.html

p3.jpg

http://www.pocketpredator.com/more.html The monkey emblem takes about 30 seconds to remove... I left it on there for people who might want it:

p1.jpg

·
Registered
591 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Mostly i use Crossman pellet pouches. They have belt straps and a Velcro closing setup. I slide several on my belt at a time. I have one filled with .177 bb"s for my PFS's and two with marbles for my gapper. Got them from Amazon i think.

Ive had them for so long i dont remember what i paid but it was cheap i remember. Id never forget the cheap part my ancestors were Scottish.
Thanks, I had not found those!

·
Registered
591 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Pouches have been my thing for quite a long time now. I have purchased and made many different styles and kinds over the years. The end result is that I have "strong" opinions about them.

I like the trapdoor with the magnet but I am not partial to hard sided pouches. The problem with hard sided pouches is that they are noisy. Manipulating a hard sided pouch causes the balls to roll around and the hard sides to act almost like an amplifier. They are fine for playing around but the noise they make makes them unsuitable for hunting - and hunting (whether I actually am hunting or not) is what all of my slingshot shooting is about.

Soft leather pouches, with or without a magnetic dispensing system are pretty much silent and can be used equally well at the range or afieldwithout fear of startling game.
Thanks Winnie, I can imagine the way a soft pouch is quieter, even silent.

It seems that some people like the magnetic trapdoor for larger ammo but not for 6mm.

·
Registered
591 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
I have used a Nail Apron all of my shooting life! Here is a old photo with me wearing one at a meet. I can not hardly look at some of these old photos with out getting emotional!
attachicon.gif
IM000598.JPG
Thanks, this suggestion is a new one for me. I don't know whether Nail Aprons are used in UK but I'll find out.

Another one-off suggestion for 6mm ammo was an empty Tic Tac container (small mints).

·
Registered
591 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
It all depends on what you want your ammo pouch to do...

If you want one to hold your slingshot and ammo, and maybe a little more... then you need a pouch like first pic below.

If you want one for only holding ammo that you can grab and attach to your belt, pocket edge or belt loop super fast and won't dump the ammo when you bend over... the second pic is just as good if not better than my old "Magno-Grip" nail bag/pouch that's yet to wear out after heavy use for at least 8 years now. . .
Thanks Bill, very helpful!

·
Registered
4,105 Posts
Winnie pretty much summed it up, and Bill showed a picture of the same bag I'm using. Here's a recent picture of it with a Simple Shot Torque for size comparison. It can easily hold a few hundred marbles and Lord knows how many steel balls if you were so inclined. The outside pocket takes a flat frame very comfortably and securely as well. I keep a skinning knife and replacement bandsets in one of the small mesh pouches and a length of paracord and a spinners and cheap lighters in the other. Works an absolute treat for all my shooting needs and holds ammo very quietly.

Hope that helps!
e4a5e26cf83c81dfb390ecb4a7028858.jpg

Sent from my SM-T280 using Tapatalk

1 - 20 of 20 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.