1 - 20 of 22 Posts

· Resigned
5,341 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
KIIITV News

Story Created: Jul 12, 2009 at 2:42 AM CDT

Story Updated: Jul 12, 2009 at 2:42 AM CDT

July 12, 2009

Some tense moments for one Corpus Christi homeowner Saturday, as she thought someone was shooting a gun at her home. Turns out no gun-shots were fired, but someone did open fire from a slingshot.

It happened just before 4 p.m. Saturday on the 1000 block of Delta Drive. Investigators tell 3 News at least 2 rocks were fired into the home, from a passing car. One broke a bay window.

Luckily no one was injured.

Witnesses say 4 suspects then drove away in a light blue 4 door car, possibly a Chrysler.

Anyone with information is urged to call Crimestoppers at 888-TIPS.

· Tex-shooter
4,275 Posts
When I worked at Igloo in Houston years ago, there were multiple slingshot shootings at the company during night time hours. Large plate glass windows were continually broken causing high replacement cost to the company. The company had to hang nylon netting over the windows to stop the continuing damage. They determined that it was probably disgruntled fired employs. Vandals like this really hurt the sport. -- Tex

· Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?
1,249 Posts
Those idiots, they're going to get yet another perfectly innocent past-time tied up in litigation!

· Registered
1,027 Posts
I just don't understand why some people want to be plain ole mean like that.
Yea Smitty it might be stuff like this that will get slingshots restricted then we will drive us underground.
[/quote]

i deffinitly agree, slingshots will get banned because of dumb kids like that. Sometimes i wonder if people think before they do stupid things like that.

1,249 Posts
I just don't understand why some people want to be plain ole mean like that.
Yea Smitty it might be stuff like this that will get slingshots restricted then we will drive us underground.
[/quote]

i deffinitly agree, slingshots will get banned because of dumb kids like that. Sometimes i wonder if people think before they do stupid things like that.
[/quote]
Evidently not, it's a real shame...

· "Southern Flip Style"
2,443 Posts
Frustrating!!!!
"Idiots continue to do idiotic things....news at 11" Victims suffer and law abiding citizens have their harmless pastimes taken away while the "IDIOTS" continue to do what they please!!!
Our politicians need to stop with the "knee jerk reactions" and get to the root of the problems. We have all seen this over and over through the years. When will the madness stop????
RANT over..... for now...

· Registered
72 Posts
So true, Henry, I do sense too the answer is there, exactly!
But it is the price of a democratic system that tends to be kind of loose (or coward to name it), I hate the idea of my rights and freedom at the mercy of some unconscious or mad bastards, this is a very "universal" problem.
I reckon it's just easier to promulgate new restricting laws than to take the time to solve problems in depth, point out the responsible ones and suitably punish them individually in a world where money talks first!

1,249 Posts
Frustrating!!!!
"Idiots continue to do idiotic things....news at 11" Victims suffer and law abiding citizens have their harmless pastimes taken away while the "IDIOTS" continue to do what they please!!!
Our politicians need to stop with the "knee jerk reactions" and get to the root of the problems. We have all seen this over and over through the years. When will the madness stop????
RANT over..... for now...
AMEN!

· Premium Member
588 Posts
A car can be a lethal weapon,also baseball bats,heavy pots and pans and the list goes on. They have to prosecute the criminals not ban everything that can be used as a weapon.Does that make sense?The stupid politicians don't understand that.

· Resigned
5,341 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
A car can be a lethal weapon,also baseball bats,heavy pots and pans and the list goes on. They have to prosecute the criminals not ban everything that can be used as a weapon.Does that make sense?The stupid politicians don't understand that.
JayBird your making the mistake and thinking Logic. You could never ever qualify to be a Politician, your just makin way too much, Logic.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.